FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shenzhou-7,Chinese First spacewalk

jiangshan
Shenzhou-7 was the third human spaceflight mission of the Chinese space program.The mission which include an extra-vehicular activity carry out by crewmembers Zhai zhigang and Liu boming,marked the commencement of the second phase of the Chinese government's project 921.
On September 27,Zhai zhigang,wearing a Chinese-developed Feitian space suit,conducted a 20-minut space walk,the first ever for a Chinese astronaute.As a Chinese people,I am very proud of my motherland.
ocalhoun
Confused I would think it better if all countries worked together on the leading edge of technology, instead of re-inventing the wheel over and over for each country that gains the capability...

I guess it is unrealistic to expect that much cooperation though.
takashiro
ocalhoun wrote:
Confused I would think it better if all countries worked together on the leading edge of technology, instead of re-inventing the wheel over and over for each country that gains the capability...

I guess it is unrealistic to expect that much cooperation though.

I can't agree more!! Scientists of different countries working together, science must devolope much faster. However, the world is still divided into many countries, not united.
legion
takashiro wrote:
I can't agree more!! Scientists of different countries working together, science must devolope much faster. However, the world is still divided into many countries, not united.

Well, they are working together already. Just look at the "Large Hadron Collider" project and see how many people are collaborating (over 10000 scientists and engineers from 100 countries) Very Happy

Hopefully this kind of projects will continue in the near future.
killianvillian
Is working together sharing together? I think its an economic issue more than a cooperation issue.

If creative commons and GNU product licensing can establish the conditions that will lead to space exploration, we could have some of the most interesting and cooperative worldwide space exploration.

Unfortunately I only have a narrow-ish view of how these two things work to develop software technology successfully, but I hope someone can tell me what I am missing to bridge the gap.
ocalhoun
^Well, besides an economic issue of sharing space technology, there is a political/military issue.

Any space technology shared could also easily be applied to ICBM's and spy/communication satellites. The countries with advantages in these fields like to keep that advantage over others.
Xanatos
ocalhoun wrote:
^Well, besides an economic issue of sharing space technology, there is a political/military issue.

Any space technology shared could also easily be applied to ICBM's and spy/communication satellites. The countries with advantages in these fields like to keep that advantage over others.

Europe is the only place that has really been able to create an international space agency. Of course you could argue that Europe is all one big country anyway....