FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ecuador soccer team goes to South Africa 2010

edwinl
Quote:
Ecuador players and coaching staff talked to the press for the last time; after posing for the official picture, they closed the doors of 'Eloy Alfaro' military school to start getting ready for the Qualifiers match against Chile.

The whole team is convinced they will take the win, though they said they respect their rival a lot.

Santos striker Christian Benitez believes Chile will "profit from any excuse to interrupt the game anytime they need it in order to attack."

Getafe's Joffre Guerron said the game against Chile "is quite crucial. It is so because we are the hosts, so we are compelled to get a positive result."

He also added that "the team is working with a humble attitude, making great sacrifices in every game to get good results and thinking about qualification; in order to reach that, we have to score goals as soon as possible."

For him, "Chile's main virtue is their young players and their attitude; but we also count on players who want to show their skills, they need to do it in order to keep growing."

Guerron also said that "Chilean defenders are strong, but now we don't have to focus on our rival but to think of what we can do. We have to think it will be a nice match."

Source - http://www.sportsya.com/english/news.php/Ecuador_started_focusing_on_game_against_Chile_at_the_South_American_Qualifiers.html?id=190012&id_estruc=370
[MOD - quote tags and source added - Bikerman]
edwinl
All match data is provisional until the FIFA Official match report is available. ECUCHI Marcelo

ELIZAGA (GK)
Cristian BENITEZ
Felipe CAICEDO (-86')
Giovanny ESPINOZA
Ivan HURTADO
Joffre GUERRON
Luis VALENCIA
Omar DE JESUS
Paul AMBROSI (-46'+)
Segundo CASTILLO (-43')
Walter AYOVI

(GK) Claudio BRAVO 1
Roberto CERECEDA 3
Ismael FUENTES 4
Carlos CARMONA 6
Alexis SANCHEZ 7
Arturo VIDAL 8
(-58') Humberto SUAZO 9
Mark GONZALEZ 11
(-24') Matias FERNANDEZ 14
Gary MEDEL 17
Gonzalo JARA 18

Substitute(s)Carlos CASTRO
Felix BORJA
Fernando HIDALGO (+86')
Luis BOLANOS (+46'+)
Máximo BANGUERA
Pablo PALACIOS
Patricio URRUTIA (+43')

Fabian ORELLANA
Jean BEAUSEJOUR
Jorge VALDIVIA
Marco ESTRADA
Miguel PINTO
(+24') Pablo CONTRERAS
(+58') Pedro MORALES

CoachesVIZUETE Sixto (ECU) (ARG) BIELSA MarceloOfficials
Referee: VAZQUEZ Martin (URU)
Assistant Referee 1: ESPINOSA Mauricio (URU)
Assistant Referee 2: NIEVAS Miguel (URU)
Fourth official: UBRIACO Dario (URU)

Cards Ivan HURTADO (27')
Giovanny ESPINOZA (36')
Luis VALENCIA (76') (4')
Gonzalo JARA 18 (13')
Roberto CERECEDA 3 (19')
Ismael FUENTES 4 (28')
Alexis SANCHEZ 7 (83')
Gonzalo JARA 18

Substitutions (43')
Segundo CASTILLO
Patricio URRUTIA
(46'+)
Paul AMBROSI
Luis BOLANOS
(86')
Felipe CAICEDO
Fernando HIDALGO
(24')

Matias FERNANDEZ 14
Pablo CONTRERAS
(58')
Humberto SUAZO 9
Pedro MORALES
deanhills
Nice photos and I am sure South Africa is looking forward to its visitors in 2010. I visited South Africa for two weeks earlier in the month and there is great soccer fever in preparation for the BIG match in 2010. The International Airport, called Oliver Tambo Airport in Johannesburg has been completely revamped, and I was totally bowled over by the upgrade in security. And it is not only of a cosmetic variety. Police mingle with people as well as act as information officers. Beautiful brand-new shops, restaurants, and more. Think the upgrade in security really impressed me as well as the savvy security rather than just posting "dull" guards. No machine guns. Remember when I was in Rome in 1991 that I was shocked when upon disembarking at the Rome International Airport, I found soldiers with actual machine guns posted at the Airport, as well as sporadic armed patrol units around Rome city. Really surprised me.

My clearance through customs at Oliver Tambo Airport was in record time, including upgrade in efficient handling of baggage (and I presume security as well). There are information counters with helpful hosts and hostesses posted all over the domestic and international terminals. We no longer have to complete customs enquiry forms like we used to previously. Have to give the Airport an accodale for major improvements and well done.
edwinl
It's a hard work here in South America to reach the 2 places (because Argentina and Brazil will go no matter they do) but we will be there Wink