FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I used to get paid a lot of money but now It takes me a week

chasbeen
to earn what I used to in a single day.
I am doing the same type of work, I miss the money but I still get a lot of job satisfation.
It's a highly skilled job but like all things on the market if there is somewhere else that does it cheaper....

Anyone else found this out and in what field of work was this?
jguritza
Skilled labor work has been going up and down for the past several years. I have been hiring people for skilled contract jobs and the company always wants you to save money so I am forced to use cheaper guys than the guys who have been helping me out for years.

It is hard because the new guys do not know my process but the company loves that I am saving money.
chasbeen
I like the crazy avatar!
Yes, the perception is they are saving money and yet this is a mirage. However as both yourself and the Managers know this is a misconception as the "damage" will have to be repaired at some stage... Cool call me!!!
kerryworkman
It is such a hard time now for all workers in America. We have no real history to guide us in this day and age of out-sourcing and loss of equity in homes. So many cities are disappearing before our eyes and businesses are closing doors that have been opened for decades. I don't think anyone knows the answer to our problems as a nation and definitely not for the problems we face as individuals. The security we had of being able to find work and keep a job at a level we might actually make enough to live on (not merely exist) seems to be a thing of the past. There was a time that by having a college degree you could be guaranteed that you would always have a job and make good money. Now there are a lot of college educated people that are in jobs that you do not need a degree for... and these people are happy to have just that.... a job.
I have no idea what it will take or what we can do to shift things around again, just hope that we the people of this nation are a priority for those we now have in office and that their first priorities will be giving us some hope for security.... give us a chance to live and not merely exist.
chasbeen
kerryworkman
Yes my son works in a call centre despite having worked hard at college and finishing top of his class.
I'm afraid it's a market place out there. Have you got a service you can supply that is in demand?
I remember the old days when evryone had a job if they wanted one (Made there own "luck" by working hard) but that ain't the case no more. This is not a USA problem only it's INTERNATIONAL.
chasbeen
kerryworkman
Yes my son works in a call centre despite having worked hard at college and finishing top of his class.
I'm afraid it's a market place out there. Have you got a service you can supply that is in demand?
I remember the old days when evryone had a job if they wanted one (Made there own "luck" by working hard) but that ain't the case no more. This is not a USA problem only it's INTERNATIONAL.
gcaughill
Hello,

chasbeen wrote:
kerryworkman

It is a problem, especially with globalization. Companies often care most about profit, so will first try to make a full time job part time, if not, will outsource it completely.

But by outsourcing jobs you are not helping local community.

Big business seems stuck on that mindset. So the solution might have to come through partnerships between smaller, community based businesses working together.
chasbeen
gcaughill companies always care more about profit.