FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you love about HORSES?

What is your favorite Breed of Horse?
Arabian
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Thoroughbred
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Morgan or Gaited breeds
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Quarter horse
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Draft-Heavy breeds
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ponies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Painted~ Appaloosa or Paint
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Andalusian or Spanish types
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Mules
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

aipranch
What is not to love?! They are beautiful, graceful, powerful, they smell good, they let us ride them, they are nonjudgmental, they listen, they are entertaining. But the very best thing about horses is the inspiration and prupose they have brought to my life! Wink
aipranch
Hi, I've posted this in another topic as well but I would like some feed back on my idea:
Me and my sister live in Utah and due to the seemingly poor state of the economy, we are thinking of offering a free horsemanship lessons course to help get some interest in equines going. Anyone got some good ideas or tips for us?
We will have all the proper paperwork to sign and helmets. We are even working on a website to track and display progress of the students. We are still in the early stages of planning and would appreciate any ideas.
Have a great ride! Cool
ocalhoun
Hm, everything?
aipranch
I don't enjoy burying them, being kicked, bit or bucked off.
But I do enjoy their good health, watching them eat, shoveling poop~yeah. Sure, some things are more fun than others. But it's all good. I love my horses. I had a fun ride with my 6yr old yesterday, she is ready before I am most mornings. She has been riding on her own horse for a year now and getting a handle on the reins pretty good. We trail ride about 4 times a week.
justtj
Stallions, where is the choice for Stallions??
Sad
aipranch
Stallion refers to gender. A 'stallion' is a male horse, a 'gelding' is a casterated male horse and a 'mare' is a female over 4 years old. A 'foal' is a baby horse of either gender. 'Colt' can mean either gender of young horse but 'colt or stud colt' is also used for males. 'Filly' means young female horse. Smile
ocalhoun
justtj wrote:
Stallions, where is the choice for Stallions??
Sad

Where'd you get the idea that stallions were a breed of horses?
Cddhesh
All breeds of horses are nice, somewhere i read that Arabic are the tough and healthy horses.I like horses with smooth shine.
Sphaerenkern
I like Quarter Horses most, Arabics are too easy to frighten. Mules are a bit too slow for me Wink
Since I do western riding, it's clear that I prefer Quarter Horses, isn't it?

About horses in general: I like their cleverness and faithfullness. Also, they seem majestic to me. I also deal with cows (but I kinda herd them, I don't ride them Very Happy ) and they seem much dumber and touchier.
bobnorth
i like nothing about horses theyre a waste of time they should go away we have cars to travel in now
ocalhoun
bobnorth wrote:
i like nothing about horses theyre a waste of time they should go away we have cars to travel in now

Silly! Horses aren't kept these days as a practical method of transportation. (In most cases... There are still places where a horse is the best way to get somewhere.)
killerqueen
All gaited breeds, warmbloods and sport horses.