FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mozilla Firefox 3.0.3 Beta

Tony The Tiger
I have been experiencing very sluggish performance with the latest version of Firefox. I have been experiencing "not responding" errors as well as random crashes. At times I have gotten the following error:

Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

abnormal program termination

Is anyone familiar with what is going on. Both Google Chrome and Safari seem to be working quite well.
brokenadvice
Does it happen whey you are viewing videos directly? I get that error when I try to use the VLC plugin to watch videos in Firefox.
tsuvik
No such problems with me.
silverdown
I don't use FF3 yet, I still stuck in FF2 since it already configured to my satisfaction Smile!
welshsteve
The newest patch is fine for me. I suffered badly on FF2, but so far I have found FF3 very good. Especially now all my favourite extensions are working again
Tony The Tiger
Norton Save & Restore would not perform a backup of my dual disk hard drive. When I attempted to back up each drive separately it would back up one and not the other. Further testing revealed that one hard drive had 12288 bad sectors.
welshsteve
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Norton Save & Restore would not perform a backup of my dual disk hard drive. When I attempted to back up each drive separately it would back up one and not the other. Further testing revealed that one hard drive had 12288 bad sectors.

Have you posted this in the correct thread? Smile
Tony The Tiger
welshsteve wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Have you posted this in the correct thread? Smile

Yes. I previously thought the problem was that the new version of Firefox had problems. I have now identified a more likely problem.
deadswan
Anybody hear about the new browser...? Razz
Minefield.... Very Happy
Still in the early stages, but it's claimed to be faster than Chrome
Check it out

Mr. Green
Stubru Freak
deadswan wrote:
Minefield.... Very Happy
Check it out

Mr. Green

Minefield is just a codename for new Firefox versions. But I've heard they rewrited a lot of the code for the new version (4).
deadswan
that was why i put it in this section, i know where its from =]
Tony The Tiger
Stubru Freak wrote:
deadswan wrote:
Minefield.... Very Happy
Check it out

Mr. Green

Minefield is just a codename for new Firefox versions. But I've heard they rewrited a lot of the code for the new version (4).

Is it going to be Mozilla Minefield or Firefox version minefield?
deadswan
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
deadswan wrote:
Minefield.... Very Happy
Check it out

Mr. Green

I'm not sure, at the minute it's just Minefield, if I find the link I will post it... For me it was slow at loading up but after that I had no problems

Mr. Green
Stubru Freak
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
deadswan wrote:
Minefield.... Very Happy
Check it out

Mr. Green

AFAIK it's just going to be Firefox 4.0. It's like when during development Windows Vista was called Longhorn.
Minefield would anyway be a bad name for a consumer product. I believe it's called Minefield to scare off normal users from using it, as it isn't guaranteed at all to be anything near stable, though it could be stable if you're lucky. It is pre-alpha software, and the code changes every night. If end users were to start using it without realising that, it would give a very bad impression of Firefox in general. So to make that clear it has another name, and even another logo (the globe without the fox, with a bomb in it).

I just found out that before Firefox 4, there will be a Firefox 3.1. It's planned to release near Christmas.
Tony The Tiger
Stubru Freak wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
deadswan wrote:
Minefield.... Very Happy
Check it out

Mr. Green

AFAIK it's just going to be Firefox 4.0. It's like when during development Windows Vista was called Longhorn.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minefield_(disambiguation) this is what is referred to as a trunk build, whatever that means.
Stubru Freak
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
deadswan wrote:
Minefield.... Very Happy
Check it out

Mr. Green

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minefield_(disambiguation) this is what is referred to as a trunk build, whatever that means.

A trunk build is basically this: Development of a lot of software, including Firefox, is done in code repositories. Often developers want to work on multiple versions simultaneously. In the case of Firefox, that means at the moment: Firefox 2 and 3 security updates, Firefox 3.1 for release in the near future, and Firefox 4 for later release. They want to keep development of different versions separated, but still keep some connection. For example the same security patch can often be applied to all four versions. That's why the code is divided like a tree, into one trunk, from which branches are made to release new versions from.
The branches typically get less and less new features, and the focus shifts to stability. All new real development is applied to the trunk (and sometimes a very young branch). This means the trunk has the latest features of new versions, but can be very unstable. Remember though that for those new features you sometimes need to enable hidden settings or compiler options.
Edreams
Its horrible the new mozilla..

The browsing is too slow... dunno if is the net or the browser... but i uninstall and reinstall my netscape Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dalibor
Tony The Tiger
dalibor wrote:

I misattributed my sluggish performance. I now attribute my problems to an October 6th, 2008 ripping of a mixtape into my iTunes library.