FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The law of attraction





dhotshotkid
Your mind does whatever you tell it. It is said that hte law of like doesnt understand the "dont, no or nagative language" all it understands is the do's.


Your life is a reflection of the dominant thoughts you think...
jguritza
So by pure thought power I can control my own destiny?

How does this affect free will? If my will forces others to do what I want them to do does that trump their free will?

That also raises the question do we then have a hierarchy of free will where maybe I out rank another person so I control them but someone higher up controls me?
ocalhoun
dhotshotkid wrote:
Your mind does whatever you tell it.

Only if you 'tell it' the right way.
Ankhanu
ocalhoun wrote:
dhotshotkid wrote:
Your mind does whatever you tell it.

Only if you 'tell it' the right way.


And if you ignore most of the autonomic functions that we have no cerebral control over at all.
ocalhoun
Ankhanu wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
dhotshotkid wrote:
Your mind does whatever you tell it.

Only if you 'tell it' the right way.


And if you ignore most of the autonomic functions that we have no cerebral control over at all.

You can actually control nearly all of those functions, with the right techniques. (Versions of self-hypnosis or meditation.)
mk12327
It is also quite clear that "mind over matter" is possible. With determination and willpower, it is possible to overcome certain self-imposed physical limits. An example is how your mind can help you pull through a marathon. The initial part of the marathon can be tough for most people, but as long as you can control your body to continue moving at a constant speed, your body and heart will gradually adapt to the pace. Once your body and heart adapts to the pace, you will realise that your body no longer feel the ache and it will get very easy to continue moving. However, if your determination is not stronger, you would have given up in the early stages of the marathon. Of course, if you have a serious physical challenge that is not mentally self-imposed, it would need a great lot of willpower.
OpposableThumbs
1. Think the global recession away.
2. Cure cancer.
3. Cure me when I get cancer.
gandalfthegrey
This idea or law of attraction is total garbage and is potentially dangerous if someone were to accept it as a fact.

Some of the most negative and grumpy people I know, are some of the most successful. I mean hello: Andy Rooney, Bill O'Reilly, etc.
Arnie
1. Speak to your mind
2. ????????????
3. PROFIT!
ocalhoun
OpposableThumbs wrote:
1. Think the global recession away.
2. Cure cancer.
3. Cure me when I get cancer.

1- not possible, unless you finally delude yourself into thinking it is gone
2- quite possible. practice up on those techniques. (When test patients are given placebos of experimental cancer fighting drugs, they often do get better, for no reason other than they think that they should be getting better.)
3- not possible.
deanhills
dhotshotkid wrote:
Your mind does whatever you tell it. It is said that hte law of like doesnt understand the "dont, no or nagative language" all it understands is the do's.


Your life is a reflection of the dominant thoughts you think...


Agreed. If you give your mind a negative, i.e. I do not want to eat sweets, then you mind does not look at the "not", but only the eat sweets. So if you do not want to eat sweets, you should rather give your mind a positive instruction to eat vegetables and fruit as they are good for you and to visualize how good they are for you. Don't use the words that your mind can activate into reality. If you want to loose weight it would be good if the self-talk only consists of positive statements of action, no negatives. Rather than saying I will no longer be depressed, come up with something positive like "I am making giant strides ...., I am going to feel even better today". Set objectives, give the objectives due dates and follow through positively.
Bluedoll
If I say " I want to learn more about the power of attraction and avoid any negitivity in process."

will I?


    Learn something by reading this post.

    Understand the difference between learning and dwelling in negitivity.

    Find out what the power of attraction is by practicing it.

    Attract others as well.
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
If I say " I want to learn more about the power of attraction and avoid any negitivity in process."

will I?


    Learn something by reading this post.

    Understand the difference between learning and dwelling in negitivity.

    Find out what the power of attraction is by practicing it.

    Attract others as well.


What you say needs to be rephrased. First of all you need to set an objective for your mind. Why do you want to learn about the power of attraction? What do you want to attract into your life? So possibly you need to sit down and work out the things that are most important to you, and then create positive statements out of them:

I am prosperous and attract abundance into my life
I am diving at Sharm El Sheikh
I live on an enormous farm.

Short, simple, powerful. Not too many. Focus and concentrate on not more than four a day. Think if you phrase them right, that you would get four to cover all your objectives.

I would leave the second part out of your sentence completely, i.e. avoid any negativity. Perhaps you can say:

I attract positive people and experiences into my life. Leave out the second part about avoid negativity.
Bluedoll
1.
I can be happy.
I can make real online friends.

2.
I have the ability to revise,
to be creative
and flexible enough to evoke change.

3.
Through writing
I will captivate and be enchanted to new
and wonderful opportunities.

4.
We can now proclaim
like never before using the electronic networks of the twenty-first century
and get noticed.
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
1.
I can be happy.
I can make real online friends.

2.
I have the ability to revise,
to be creative
and flexible enough to evoke change.

3.
Through writing
I will captivate and be enchanted to new
and wonderful opportunities.

4.
We can now proclaim
like never before using the electronic networks of the twenty-first century
and get noticed.

I would rephrase it as follows:
1. I AM happy. I enjoy my online friends.
2. I embrace change
3. Through my writing I am opening up new and wonderful opportunities
4. ? Not sure what you mean ...
manlear
First of all. You didn't explain it well enough or even give it a link so how am i supposed to reply? And i think that everyone controls their destiny as long as they do a little thing called "Try".
Gagnar The Unruly
manlear wrote:
First of all. You didn't explain it well enough or even give it a link so how am i supposed to reply? And i think that everyone controls their destiny as long as they do a little thing called "Try".


I'll go one better and stay that all anyone has to do is act. There's no mystery to it at all.
Related topics
Karma exists
Gay Marriage
You can't fight terrorism from the False side of the law
2nd LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS
Homosexuality, is it biologically natural?
The Law of Accelerating Returns
Copyright Law
Illegal Un-AuthorizedWireless Internet
I Need the Internet Broad Casting Software
Law school, anyone?
Bush Broke the Law?!?
Love at first sight?
The LAW
Q: 2nd law of thermodynamics & creationists
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Science -> Education

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.