FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Removed Yahoo Directly From Their Webmaster Guideline

the-guide
Google no longer suggests Yahoo directory submission and has removed the Yahoo directly submission from their webmaster guidelines.

Here's Google's John Mueller comment in the webmaster discussion...

Quote:
"I wouldn't necessarily assume that we're devaluing Yahoo's links, I just think it's not one of the things we really need to recommend. If people think that a directory is going to bring them lots of visitors (I had a visitor from the DMOZ once), then it's obviously fine to get listed there. It's not something that people have to do though."

What does this mean?
Peterssidan
I think he try to say that directories are not very useful any more and therefore not worth suggesting.
the-guide
So, they no longer recommend??!!
inphurno
they just dont want to recommend to people to submit to their competition... at the same time some people will look at that and say oh yahoo is no good so its probably just a business move.
the-guide
inphurno wrote:
they just dont want to recommend to people to submit to their competition... at the same time some people will look at that and say oh yahoo is no good so its probably just a business move.

MAY BE, MAY BE!!! Laughing
gcaughill
the-guide wrote:
Google no longer suggests Yahoo directory submission and has removed the Yahoo directly submission from their webmaster guidelines.

Here's Google's John Mueller comment in the webmaster discussion...

Quote:
"I wouldn't necessarily assume that we're devaluing Yahoo's links, I just think it's not one of the things we really need to recommend. If people think that a directory is going to bring them lots of visitors (I had a visitor from the DMOZ once), then it's obviously fine to get listed there. It's not something that people have to do though."

What does this mean?

Yahoo is Google's competitor. Google was thinking about buying Yahoo but was blocked. Looks like pure revenge move at first... but consider.

Directories are no longer as important as they used to be. DMOZ used to be the most important link you could get but it is rarely worth the hassle anymore.
the-guide
It's seem that Google devalue the inbound links from any directories
especially paid directories including DMOZ.