FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FRIH$ ???

hiquality
I didn't manage to understand from the FAQ...

What are Frih$ for?? Has anyone exchanged the Frih$ or got something for gathering a certain
amount ?
Sphaerenkern
I didn't have the oppurtunity to use them yet.
endless
they're liek the currency used on the marketplace forum, you can make people code your layout for example in exchange for frih$

basically just virtual money on this site
Utopia GFR
Or you could use Frih$ for virtual contests purposes Smile

I don't think this feature is used a lot though.

hiquality wrote:
I didn't manage to understand from the FAQ...

What are Frih$ for?? Has anyone exchanged the Frih$ or got something for gathering a certain
amount ?
ocalhoun
Just take a good look through the marketplace and contests forums to get a good idea of what they're used for.
houdney
I think they're for buying Frisbees.
KHO
houdney wrote:
I think they're for buying Frisbees.

Though I would love to buy some Frih$bees with my Frih$, I don't think the postal service would accept that as an appropriate way to pay my S&H fees, and I ain't paying for that.

But yes, currently the Frih$ are only used for the purpose of getting themes and stuff, the motivation behind people even accepting this as a form of payment is that once long ago there was quite a bit of hype over the idea that we may eventually be able to purchase additional bandwidth using these "Frih$" however, over a year later here we are with no such thing even close to in sight. But it makes a lovely notion and point of bragging rights at the moment.
Arty
What else can they be used for? Besides just trading to each other? Very Happy
James007
That's it for now. You have to understand that Frih$ only has a certain value when talking about frihost stuff. It's hard to exchange frih$ for things like more webhosting, as those things cost real money.

In combination with your post count, it could give a good indication (ratio) of your average post length/quality, so I think we could do more with frih$. I know it's on Bonding's "to do" list, but so are many other things.
snowynight
it perhaps just tells you how many posts you have put on this forum . But then there is Posts.

Double posts = frih$ I guess?
kirii
I guess Bondings might have a lot of ideas in future about this virtual money.
Maybe we can expand web space and bandwidth using this?Who knows Very Happy
So now we should earn a lot of frih$ and used it on future:)
TomS
James007 wrote:
I think we could do more with frih$. I know it's on Bonding's "to do" list, but so are many other things.

Do you have an idea about what is planned? Right now I can't imagine using Frih$ for anything else then trading. Maybe to expand hosting services, but that's all... Will it be revolutionary or rather small changes?
James007
Uh... soon! Anxious Anxious Anxious

No, I really don't know. I don't know what Bonding's priorities are... I would like to see phpbb3 before we make new additions of our own.
raine dragon
As far as I understand it, it's just a virtual currency used to barter with other members for services. ^_^