FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


THE BEST WAY TO CATCH A THIEF IS TO .....





jossylala
The best way to catch a thief is not always through the law enforcement agencies,but we our self trying to train ourselves on the basic skills the thief uses and have.I mean skills like how to do hand-fighting(kung-fu),how to use a pistol and lastly to equipe ourselve with what you know the thief would have(and may have more than them) like knives,guns,darts and several other things.If one can do this,i guess it would be hard for a thief to sucessfylly rob such a person.The same applies to martial art fighting,to defeat ur enemy u would have to know his/her fighting skills and also to add an extra skill to it.

I guess u might be wondering where am heading.Its just simply....

you see,the rate at which cyber crime is increasing is high and for one to sucessfully defeat these criminals,one have to know thier basic skill.I am calling on the IT gurus arround to help enlighten us on how criminals do things like hacking,fraud,virus transfer and other computer problem.

MY OWN PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE HAVE HACKED ALOT OF MY SITE AND EVEN MY UNIVERSITY SITE SO IT PAINS ME ALOT TO SEE THIS AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SOMEONE WHO CAN TEACH ME THIS....
ocalhoun
I see a fun new career that could exist... If I were a hacker, I could become a mercenary-hacker and hire myself out to people like you who want revenge! That would be fun.
jossylala
it could be fun for u,but u have to understand that i dont really want revenge,i would just like to protect myself against such people and if they have thier own site,i would hack it and pass a warning message telling them to stop what they are doing bcos same could/have happened to them.
apple
ocalhoun wrote:
I see a fun new career that could exist... If I were a hacker, I could become a mercenary-hacker and hire myself out to people like you who want revenge! That would be fun.


Laughing Laughing Laughing
RosenCruz
having a gun at home and making him scared ? Shocked
Nameless
The best way to (out-specialisation) a (specialist) is to become a (specialist).

Where the 'occupation' is a good one, this is obviously true and beneficial. Where the occupation is a (legally, morally) wrong one, you're just going to end in an arms race that screws everybody over. Confused
jossylala
@nameless,

you see,u get my point and in a real condition me lerning such skills might either make me use it for good by teaching others to protect themselves or become bad(by hacking others).But as for mei would and have always been for the good,so learning it would only make me combat bad guys and presently i need someone to help me.Thanks
psycosquirrel
Google it?

I'm sure there are tons of sites that will teach you counter-hacking measures.

The best way to protect yourself is to have good, secure passwords and solid code that doesn't allow SQL injection or any other vulnerabilities..
jossylala
So whats the search keyword u suggest i use for the google search?
sana618
Best Way........
secuar your home with a security system and call the police pronto.........
bellebello
Best way to catch a thief is to think like a thief. It takes one to know one.
goutha
The best way to catch a thief is to put some glue in front of your door.
sketteksalfa
our dog scares the thieves to even dare enter our house. a dog is also cheaper than to hire a private house security. and also a great friend.
Hogwarts
jossylala wrote:
If one can do this,i guess it would be hard for a thief to sucessfylly rob such a person.

I'm pretty sure a thief could sucesfylly rob somebody like that if they weren't home.


jossylala wrote:
you see,the rate at which cyber crime is increasing is high

Nowhere near as high as the rate that cyber-stupidity is increasing.

jossylala wrote:
it could be fun for u,but u have to understand that i dont really want revenge,i would just like to protect myself against such people and if they have thier own site,i would hack it and pass a warning message telling them to stop what they are doing bcos same could/have happened to them.

.. why not just make your site secure to begin with? You're both just going to end up screwing each other over -- i.e. it'd be bad for both of you. Bad karma Sad

jossylala wrote:
I am calling on the IT gurus arround to help enlighten us on how criminals do things like hacking,fraud,virus transfer and other computer problem.

Wait. You want to learn how do do things like 'other computer problem'? I mean, I'm sure it would be ethically correct in all regards for you to start hacking people, but OTHER COMPUTER PROBLEM? That's plain evil Shocked


*high-five*
sana618 wrote:
Best Way........
secuar your home with a security system and call the police pronto.........

mathiaus
ocalhoun wrote:
I see a fun new career that could exist... If I were a hacker, I could become a mercenary-hacker and hire myself out to people like you who want revenge! That would be fun.


Being a law abiding citizen though, you would of course not! Nor would Frihost be in anyway involved! Wink Legal technicalities out of the way!



Actual hacking is rather quite clever with many different forms. What I suspect you and possibly your university have been made victims of though, is someone cracking your password for your control panel or maybe even telnet password etc. This is much simplier and more common. It is also the easiest to defend against though by simply choosing a strong password (long, upper and lower case characters, numbers, symbols and a random order!).

As for catching them, with spoofing so easily done, you'll need some professional help (FBI or similar law enforcement agency). I did read an article about a company in the UK a couple of years back that basically secured systems and left traps for people. They then went around tracking these people (from the UK and other countries), finding them and handing them over to the authorities.
Kyohtee
Well we have been robbed before..someone broke through a window while it was raining... we saw there muddy footprint so what we did was Put Security cameras in the hallway's and set and Alarm for targeted points of the house.We've caught two so far Shocked
pashmina
I have 2 vicious German Shepard who are trained to bite the intruders. Unless the peoples are with me or with anyone in the family they will bite..
So I am not scared of any thiefs.
PatTheGreat42
The best way to catch a thief is with honey, not vinegar. That is, if by "thief" you mean "fly," which I'm not sure you do, but let's just make some assumptions and go from there, shall we?
Helios
This is all very nice, but keep in mind that you can't post hacking related material on Frihost.
So whatever is the true purpose of opening this thread, IT gurus, don't enlighten us with details please.
ninjakannon
I'd like to quickly point out that the best way to defend against a weapon is not, as you suggest, jossylala, to equip yourself with a bigger, better one. Why? Because then the criminals will get bigger, better weapons than your own. So people will just end up getting more and more injured from the same situations.

An example of this can be seen in places where knives were used, and slowly a transition was made to guns, which are analogous to the bigger, better weapons I spoke of.


I think it would be better to discus ways of 'solving' (ha, very probable!) the problems, not trading around details of how it's all done, which is unlikely to help a bit. But, sigh, that's for another thread.
standready
Sign outside my place reads - "Forget the dog, he is pretty friendly (most of the time), BEWARE of the owner!"
Ghost900
I agree with the post about having a better password to be more secure.

Also some so called hackers simply send out an email (such as a fake PayPal email) and ask you to update your info at there link, then said site gets all your info and they can get into your account or use your personal information, some security measures can be had by just being careful where you type your password and stuff.
snowynight
I always think about the question that why there are thieves... If one were able to earn his own living , he would not steal...
But there are reports that some thieves are rich themselves, they steal just for fun.
burn
I live in a small town and I don't think anyone is stupid enough to come rob me. I have quite a few brothers, and bro-inlaws and we are pretty well known in town with our roofing company.

Besides what is insurance for, it's not like I'm asking to get rob, doors are locked, lights have timers and go off at certain times of the day and we have some pretty nosy neighbors that like to keep tabs on everyone's lives lol. I THINK IM GOOD Laughing
Kaseas
Ummm have you ever heard of escalation buddy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation
pashmina
interesting...
for antitheft i have installed remote control controlled alarm system which is always with me as a key chain, like the car locking system.
j_f_k
first of all is your object to 'catch' a thief or to deter a thief. I would think the latter - most of the time they're sad stoneheads and it doesn't pay to confront them.

what would you do with a thief if you catch one anyway? - they don't do well on e-bay and the vet's fees aren't really worth it dog or a cat would be less trouble if the kids are wanting a pet.

One thing is for certain - if you live in London don;t bother going to the police. They are a complete and total waste of space. In fact, the met should be disbanded and all the police in the area made redundant. the money saved can go towards more hospital beds or schools or perhaps to reduce the impending mega-deficit UK is going to have bailing out the banks. There would be no noticeable difference in law and order within the area - this is for sure.
andredesignz
j_f_k wrote:
first of all is your object to 'catch' a thief or to deter a thief. I would think the latter - most of the time they're sad stoneheads and it doesn't pay to confront them.

what would you do with a thief if you catch one anyway? - they don't do well on e-bay and the vet's fees aren't really worth it dog or a cat would be less trouble if the kids are wanting a pet.

One thing is for certain - if you live in London don;t bother going to the police. They are a complete and total waste of space. In fact, the met should be disbanded and all the police in the area made redundant. the money saved can go towards more hospital beds or schools or perhaps to reduce the impending mega-deficit UK is going to have bailing out the banks. There would be no noticeable difference in law and order within the area - this is for sure.



GOOD IDEA
gcaughill
jossylala wrote:
The best way to catch a thief is not always through the law enforcement agencies,but we our self trying to train ourselves on the basic skills the thief uses and have.I mean skills like how to do hand-fighting(kung-fu),how to use a pistol and lastly to equipe ourselve with what you know the thief would have(and may have more than them) like knives,guns,darts and several other things.If one can do this,i guess it would be hard for a thief to sucessfylly rob such a person.The same applies to martial art fighting,to defeat ur enemy u would have to know his/her fighting skills and also to add an extra skill to it.

I guess u might be wondering where am heading.Its just simply....

you see,the rate at which cyber crime is increasing is high and for one to sucessfully defeat these criminals,one have to know thier basic skill.I am calling on the IT gurus arround to help enlighten us on how criminals do things like hacking,fraud,virus transfer and other computer problem.

MY OWN PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE HAVE HACKED ALOT OF MY SITE AND EVEN MY UNIVERSITY SITE SO IT PAINS ME ALOT TO SEE THIS AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SOMEONE WHO CAN TEACH ME THIS....


To catch a thief....

1. Become a thief.
2. Turn yourself in.

Sorry, I hope you fix your site and noone else hacks it.

g
scriptedsymphony
Lure the thief in with your mother's old homemade spaghetti recipe and then start throwing prehistoric meatballs at him. While he's unconscious, call the police.
sana618
scriptedsymphony wrote:
Lure the thief in with your mother's old homemade spaghetti recipe and then start throwing prehistoric meatballs at him. While he's unconscious, call the police.


wow.... u seem to have tried this before, but what i'ld like to know is from where did u get the prehistoric meatballs?
Related topics
What;s the best movie?
Best Movies
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, The best of the three vote
What Anime Series do you like best?
The Matrix has you...
Should frihost sell merchandise?
State your Political Philosophy! (1000 FRIH$ to the best!)
A question of faith - is faith immoral?
"The best contest" contest
Is it more logical to believe in God?
Unrequited love with best friend of opposite sex?
Catch-22
Tips & Techniques required for best oral presentations.
My best friend and his girlfriend
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.