FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows amazing problem OR computer hardware problem

frih
Yesterday i purchased my new compaq notebook model is CQ50-106AU.....its configuratin is

AMD X2 Dual core QL-60 processor
2gb ram
160gb hdd
FreeDos OS(provided by company)
Nvidia graphics card....

I installed the window Xp succesfully on my laptop but after installing it, when i switched on my laptop, then i found that everything is opening up layer by layer (just like frames in a movie)....even the WELCOME screen of the window....

for example if i want to open MY COMPUTER, then first of all one white screen layer comes, then toolbar layer is formed and after that complete My computer window appears......

i tried to install the windows again, but still this problem is there......

EVERYTHING OPENS OR CLOSES JUST LIKE POWERPOINT "cover up" TRANSITION SLIDE EFFECT.....

I HAVEN'T INSTALL ANY DRIVER ON MY SYSTEM......Is this is the reasoning for poor performance of my laptop??

i tried to play the movie on window media player, and what i found that it is also playing frame by frame....just like slow motion.....

i also removed all effects from windows(fading or sliding effects) but still this problem is not resolved....
i selected BEST PERFORMANCE for My Computer properties but still no help...

I DON'T KNOW THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH WINDOW OR WITH MY LAPTOP
I THINK THERE IS SOME HARDWARE PROBLEM..

pls tell me what should i do now???

t

thanks
regards
frih
LukeakaDanish
This is DEFINITELY caused by you not having installed a driver for your graphics card.

Install it and it should work.
frih
but i asked my other friends who are also using other laptops....they dont get such problems even if they dont install drivers......

the window must work....window dont need graphics driver to operate.....it should work perfectly....but in my system everthing opens like a slide of a powerpoint
even the welcome screen opens like a slide show...
Diablosblizz
Windows needs drivers to work, what are you talking about?!? Keep in mind that Windows comes with a preset amount of drivers, that work for most things, but sometimes you need to install your own.

Try going to Microsoft Update and see if there is a update that you can install to fix this problem. Windows NEEDS drivers to run.
hunnyhiteshseth
Yes exactly windows needs driver's to work. Although it can run without drivers but your mileage will vary from motherboard to motherboard.

Secondly, it may be possible some service is blocking and taking up too many CPU cycles. Have you tried booting in safe mode and see whether that is fine or not?

Thirdly, check your windows error log, may be you can find out which service or process is blocking.
Fire Boar
With an NVidia graphics card, you must use laptop drivers with a modified inf file. This may or may not come with your computer; if not, DO NOT go to the NVidia website for them - they only offer GeForce series GPU drivers and not GeForce M series drivers.

Instead, head over to Laptop Video 2 Go and download the latest version for your operating system (drivers are universal so it shouldn't really matter which version you go for).

Unless your XP is 32-bit, here are the files you will need directly:

- The self-extracting executable
- The modified nvar.inf

Run the executable to extract the files somewhere, then move the modified nvar.inf into the folder with all the other files, overwriting the existing one. Then run the setup to install the driver. If you forget the modified inf, you will be unable to install with a "card not supported" error.
frih
thanks everybody for their replies......i will first install all required H/W ....

Thanks Fire Boar, for providing the link....i will check it later.....

thanks everyone

regards
frih