FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need a file hosting site... free

fpwebs
I need a free file hosting web site, but nothing where they have that cheap sharing things. Here is a breakdown of what I need:

File storage at least 500MB space
Abilty to upload maximum 100MB per file.
Ability to upload Video files.
Ability to embed video files to web site, meaning instead of using a link or the site's own flash player,
i need to be able to say: <embed src='http://www.url.com/name.wmv'> without any encrypted folders or files.[/list][/list]
mgeek
Try Mediafire
weableandbob
ya, mediafire's great. Unlimited storage, fast uploads, 2gb max a file, although I don't know if you can embed things, just download them
escritor
You could try DivShare too.

If you really want to direct link to the files, take a look at FileDen. Wink
Tphilakone
I prefer mediefire the speed is very great !
hamza1122
You can just try searching up free file hosting on google. There's bound to be one that suits your requirements.
escritor
^hamza1122: all of us could just try to find things with Google instead of using this forum, and it would not exist (neither would our free hosting accounts :p ).

If fpwebs posted it here, I believe (s)he had seen some sites before and wasn't sure about which one to choose. Let's wait her/him reply to tell us if our tips were useful. Smile
Xaferrow
mgeek wrote:
Try Mediafire

Yep, good choice. i ever use it, n its great!
theabacus
www.rapidshare.com
www.megaupload.com
www.4shared.com
escritor
Tinyload and UploadJockey will upload your files to multiple hosting sites with on click. Smile
mesianica
Try with rapidshare or megaupload.

If you wanna more space, make your own server, is easy and faster than make money to pay some gigas in a pay hosting.
ZapMon
uploadmb.com is unlimated and its free
no accounts required.
RosenCruz
I recommend turbobit and rapidshare lately. Especially RS if you want reliability. Stay away from Hotfile btw. Wink
manfer
fpwebs wrote:
I need a free file hosting web site, but nothing where they have that cheap sharing things. Here is a breakdown of what I need:

File storage at least 500MB space
Abilty to upload maximum 100MB per file.
Ability to upload Video files.
Ability to embed video files to web site, meaning instead of using a link or the site's own flash player,
i need to be able to say: <embed src='http://www.url.com/name.wmv'> without any encrypted folders or files.[/list][/list]

Finally after 4 years with this fantastic help you are going to be able to upload your files. Laughing
mgeek
Skydrive may be to your liking.
darthrevan
If I remember correctly, Mediafire uses redirection to allow you to download the file instead of direct link. The direct link feature is a premium feature(go figure right). I am unsure of the other services, since I have used Mediafire somewhat. I usually use those services as a way to backup some files I want to keep.
drunkenkoz
You can always try using DropBox. It's a new form of online file storage and they give you 2GB to start off with.
sawdclan
There are a lot of free filehosting systems for free over the internet, but I think Mediafire is the best too. The most file hosters will let accountless people or people who have a normal, free account, wait. Most of the times you also have to enter a Captcha and sometimes things go wrong, I think it is "a little accident" to let people wait longer but that is what I think.

Conclusion:
Try mediafire, it is free, no waiting times, no captha, only one ad if you start the download

Dropbox is also a good choice, but I use it personal. It can be used to let people download stuff, but I think that was not the primary reason Dropbox was created
RosenCruz
Zippy share is also a nice alternative. Very user friendly.
codersfriend
I use these file sharing and storage websites. Cloud storage is becoming a trend so the spaces offered becomes larger. Here is the list
Dropbox - easiest to use
Google Drive
4shared - 15gb space!
kiwi6.com - file storage with unlimited mp3 storage and allows hotlinking
opendrive - high capacity with high bandwidth for direct linking
mydrive.net

I'm glad finding a good file storage isn't difficult these days