FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you ever felt intense pain?

jsfdan
Well, have you? I don't mean a scrap or cut, BUT if its continious or has an interesting end... post it.

Today was a really bad day. I got hurt a lot. First I lost my glasses. Second, I cut two my fingers, deeply, in class. Thirdly, I fell down a ditch and bruised both my knees, and lastly I scraped my leg against a coffee table.

So much pain and blood in one day. Sad
standready
Ouch!
Never have felt intense pain.
mikakiev
When I had an operation it was painful afterwards and when I was a child I had my dental treatment without any anesthesia Sad
Keran
Once on my training day I've twisted my knee doing the thing I love the most, acrobatics. Now I still can't jump, it's been about 4 months now and I still need to watch out for my knee. However the injury didn't hurt as much, as watching my friends do acrobatics stunts while I can't, that's like the biggest pain for me...
endless
Well i once stood against a electrified fence, since i was walking in a park (zoo) and i tought hey a fence so i was tired and leant against it, like the biggest shock in my back everit hurted for 2 days (it had sharp points wich came trough my shirt and stinged me in the back and that bleeded)
but it wasn't really that bad ^^
and i ocne feel off a swing backwards on my head loads of bloood
and 3 weeks ago i kind off sawed in my arm by accident, stupid schoolwork :/
Diablosblizz
The only pain that I have gotten resently is from pulling a muscle in my leg. It was horrible, and hurt a lot. I wasn't able to walk on it very much, although I was forced too. Then, I went on a hiking trip for school and it was KILLER. I hope that never happens again.
hiquality
Well once while i was playing football i tripped and fell by a fence. I twisted my ankle..very intense pain...and my friends didn't call the ambulance. After 15 minutes of pain i took my cellphone and dialled the hospital...
friuser
funny you mention this as I just quite recently got a huge and I mean DEEP cut in my finger from my file cabinet. Don't believe it? IT'S TRUE!!!!
For whatever reason near the folds of the metal inside the cabinet they are sharped like knives. Short story now is that a scar formed that is not really noticable but I can feel that bump from the line where the cut was and like all scars they are almost always sensitive cause when they heal all the nerves are concentrated there.
dcfive65
I've been in a car crash..Dashboard literally knocked the air out of me...i was actually dying to breathhh. Sad
gugusm
Well, I've never broke any of my bones and never got any serious accidents, so I think not Smile
Josso
No bone breaks but I need cut my toe off once, pretty horrific.
ocalhoun
Well, a car crash that left my chest hurting for about a month for one, and then more recently, running on shin splints. On two occasions I've almost cut fingers off, once on a extra-powerful CPU fan, and once while cutting dough. Oh, and I got hit by the shock of the voltage that goes to a small engine spark plug, that one hurt a lot, but went away quickly.
Zombie
Hmmm.... I broke my tailbone, that hurt like hell. Lets see... what else?? ... I cut my finger with a knife once... that also hurt like hell
apple
gosh you guys!

I have never broken a bone. The only pain I had was childbirth!

and another time boiling hot oil splashed all over my face and neck!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Kcin1
I was once cleaning off the trash of a friends boat when I got a hook stuck deep in my finger. After 20 mins of trying to get it out I gave up and drove down to the emergency room to get removed. I had to wait 2 hours, sitting in the emergency room, blood pouring from finger while people who just got there got to go before me. When I finally saw the doctor, he looked at it and decided that since it was double barbed the only way to get it out would be to cut open the finger. I'll stop there but yes it was painful.
Liu
jsfdan wrote:
Well, have you? I don't mean a scrap or cut, BUT if its continious or has an interesting end... post it.

Today was a really bad day. I got hurt a lot. First I lost my glasses. Second, I cut two my fingers, deeply, in class. Thirdly, I fell down a ditch and bruised both my knees, and lastly I scraped my leg against a coffee table.

That's nothing.

I've ruptured my liver before. It literally almost broke into two. My entire abdomen was purple from internal bleeding. I was hospitalized in the intensive care unit to see if things would get better since you can't operate on a liver. You have to get a transplant if things don't heal, luckily it did. However worst pain I've ever felt - I literally saw stars, couldn't breathe, and almost blacked out from the paralyzing pain. I swear I thought I was going to die. You can't do anything but scream for morphine.
houdney
I'm waiting for the first person to say "well, I was married once", and also waiting to dislike them.
ocalhoun
houdney wrote:
and also waiting to dislike them.

That's sadly disturbing...
Jaan
luckily i've never experienced intense pain.. but it would be an interesting experience until you experienced it.
bellebello
I had a cramp in my calf while I was sleeping and it was the most intense pain i felt continuously for 3 minutes. I had my face smashed when I played rugby and that was nothing compared to the pain from the cramp.
LostOverThere
I have IBS so I sometimes get extreme stomach cramping. It's unbelievably painful and nothing helps to relieve it, except time. Sad
jmlworld
I'm one who had the strongest pains among my family. When I was nine (9) years old, I slipped over a rock and nearly lost my soul, I got big injury on my head which was 12CM long extending across my head.

Several years later, I was playing with my friend. We were throwing knives to and fro and his knife accidentally hit my hamstring and went approximately 2 inches inside my body. I was rushed to the nearest hospital, and I was walking properly two months later.
Kae_Azule
I have been hit by eight cars, once for each new bike. I went through that pain too many times. I also stopped getting new bikes.
RosenCruz
thanks my god a lot that i never had sth like that ! Rolling Eyes
Oddw1re
I wouldn't say intense pain but the most painful thing that's happened to me is severely spraining/bruising my ankle on a trampoline. I couldn't walk for weeks.
Also I fell off my bike and broke my finger. Well it came out of the socket and I'm sure it broke a bit.
But never been to a hospital or doctors since birth.
I break it I fix it.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
psycosquirrel
Kae_Azule wrote:
I have been hit by eight cars, once for each new bike. I went through that pain too many times. I also stopped getting new bikes.

Good decision to stop getting new bikes! Laughing

I've broken my collarbone twice... Both times on the right side.

My leg once, below the knee on the left leg. Both bones broke clear through.

I broke and dislocated my left thumb, it was smashed backwards so that it was pointing towards my body.

I've broken my nose so many times I lost count. Eventually the septum (dividing wall in the middle of your nose) was so smashed that they had to surgically realign it and remove some of the inside of my nose so that I could breathe.

I've been hit in the chest with a splash of lit napalm.

My right foot was ran over by a car.

I t-boned a parked car while downhilling on my mountain bike (it was a blind corner and the jeep was in the middle of the path!)
apple
Liu wrote:
jsfdan wrote:

That's nothing.

I've ruptured my liver before. It literally almost broke into two. My entire abdomen was purple from internal bleeding. I was hospitalized in the intensive care unit to see if things would get better since you can't operate on a liver. You have to get a transplant if things don't heal, luckily it did. However worst pain I've ever felt - I literally saw stars, couldn't breathe, and almost blacked out from the paralyzing pain. I swear I thought I was going to die. You can't do anything but scream for morphine.

holy mother of god!!!!

Shocked

you ok now?
psycosquirrel
Oh, crap! I forgot about my car accidents!

I've been in 6 car accidents in the past 2 years. 3 of them involved airbags and impacts at speeds above 60mph. None of the accidents were my fault, and I was the passenger in 2 of the accidents...

1. A friend of mine is trying to show off his brand-new Mitsubishi Eclipse. (His parents are loaded). He takes a left turn way too fast, slides sideways off the turn, right side wheels hit the curb and fold under, the car skips off the guardrails, airbags deploy, and we spin to a stop in the middle of a 4-way intersection. Brand-new car, totalled.

2. I'm driving my dad's old BMW. It is raining like hell outside, and visibility is low. A guy in a Silver Mercedes coupe runs a stop sign on the highway, and to avoid hitting him, I swerved onto the sidewalk. I am unable to maintain control, the car spins out, and the back axle breaks as the car spins off the curb. The airbags luckily did not go off, and we had car was fixed the next day. The guy in the Mercedes didn't even stop to make sure I was okay. If I ever find his car, it is getting keyed...

3. Driving down hwy 41. Stopped at red light to get on 120 loop. Guy in Ford F-150 does not bother to stop and plows into me. My car was damaged, but not totalled (Infiniti G20)

4. Driving my girlfriend's car (Honda Civic) in Publix shopping center off of Howell Mill road, when a Chevy Silverado burns rubber in reverse out of a parking space into the passenger side of her car. Luckily, I swerved and the impact missed the door my girlfriend was sitting behind. The car was damaged, but not totalled.

5. My little brother is trying to show off to me. He decides to do a "powerslide" in his BMW 325IS. The car is an automatic, so any sort of sliding while maintaining control is impossible. He ignores my warning and does it anyways... He rounds a corner that I can take (screeching) at about 45 on a good day in my current car (manual Honda Civic) at over 80mph. Needless to say, the car loses control immediately, vaults off a curb, over a guardrail, through a fence (still in the air), and impacts a tree about 10 feet up. The car wrapped the tree, twisted around it, and landed on the other side. Paramedics thought we had flipped it from all the damage to the roof from the branches. They also did not believe that I was in the accident (I was completely unharmed), until they shined a flashlight on me and saw all the glass dust from the crash. My brother sustained minor injuries, mainly to his pride.

6. I am stopped at the intersection before the one from accident 2. I can actually see exactly where I was rear-ended before... Well, it was about to happen again. My light is red, and traffic is passing through the intersection from the other way. All of a sudden, I am launched forward into moving traffic from behind. Airbags go off. I hold down my brakes, and after getting pushed all the way through the intersection, I finally come to a stop. The car that was pushed into my trunk was a Volvo station wagon, occupied by a very confused 4-year-old and a pissed off soccer mom. Embedded into the trunk of the Volvo was a Ford F150. The driver was drunk off his ass. Apparently, he didn't even know we were stopped. I helped the 4-year-old and her mom, and left the drunk guy alone. My car was totalled. Sad The cops said that he impacted the lady in the Volvo at over 70mph.
Pepperfan
Wow those are good ones!

The worst pain I ever felt was a corneal, the clear part of your eye, abrasion. When I had the Doctor on the phone I had a piece of ice on my eye and was explaining that it had to stay there because it was the only thing that was keeping me from screaming.

Corneal scratches hurt and make you very very light sensitive! The only good thing about them is the pain doesn't last more than 12 or so hours. They take days to heal but the pain is short lived.

Charles
Tadtoad
I can remember two times that I have felt intense pain...there's definitely more but I cant remember them.

1. When I was a kid, my older brother and I were play-fighting...you know doing jackie chan type kungfu. My bro chased me outside pinned me on the wall and started kicking the sh*t out of me (i think he got carried away). After receiving this pounding I felt weak and dropped forward on my hands and knees with my left palm jabbed straight for a rusty nail that was sticking out of a plank...oh the agony. I could feel every rusty bump on the nail as it went though my palm and came out the other side (Stigmata Smile ) and felt them again when I pulled it out. . I think i was 6 or 7 at the time. I also remember my neighbor's mother sprinkling salt on the wound saying it would heal faster and stop hurting....lies!

2. I can't remember the full details but after frying something for dinner one night, I got spilled the boiling hot oil on my left hand. It hurt for a few seconds then all my hand went numb. Even though it was only for a few seconds....I still say it was hell! I think I was 11 at the time.
loyal
endless wrote:
Well i once stood against a electrified fence, since i was walking in a park (zoo) and i tought hey a fence so i was tired and leant against it, like the biggest shock in my back everit hurted for 2 days (it had sharp points wich came trough my shirt and stinged me in the back and that bleeded)

That's probably a tiny bit of the pain of being shot with a taser gun feels like. I can't believe those things are legal in some states. It's an outrage.
ocalhoun
loyal wrote:
endless wrote:

That's probably a tiny bit of the pain of being shot with a taser gun feels like. I can't believe those things are legal in some states. It's an outrage.

Better than getting shot.
Insanity
This whole thread makes me feel sort of queasy. Confused
Jinx
Worst pain ever for me was my miscarriage when I was 18. I remember being curled into a little ball in the passenger seat of my mom's car trying to hold back screams as she rushed me to the emergency room.

Second worst was my car accident, my face hit the steering wheel because the seatbelt didn't catch the way it was supposed to (it was an early '80's model pickup truck with a huge steering wheel). Knocked out my four upper front teeth and broke bones in my cheek and upper jaw. I looked like a chipmunk for weeks because of the swelling. I had to have dental surgery to re implant my teeth, and I was on a liquid diet for a while because it hurt to chew.
That was the only time I ever passed out from pain. It was in the emergency room right after, and the nurse was trying to get me to stand up for a chest x-ray. I passed right out and would have hit the floor if an orderly hadn't been there to catch me.
ninjakannon
Jinx wrote:
Worst pain ever for me was my miscarriage when I was 18. I remember being curled into a little ball in the passenger seat of my mom's car trying to hold back screams as she rushed me to the emergency room.

I'm a guy, but strangely enough I think I know how you felt. They say appendicitis is as painful as childbirth (by 'they', I must mean women who have had both children and appendicitis, though hopefully not at the same time).

It happened when I was in year 4 at primary school, so I would have been 9 years old I think. One night I felt what I thought was stomach ache, going to bed as usual with mild discomfort but no real worries. The next morning the pain was still there, and worse. So I had the day at home instead of going to school; my parents didn't think it was anything serious and neither did I.

How wrong we were. That night I woke up screaming with pain, stupidly not doing anything about it until the morning when we rang the doctor. He wouldn't come to the house, despite the fact that I couldn't get out of bed. I got dressed, which took half an hour, and crawled to the car where I could manage only to lie awkwardly on the back seat - I expect somewhat similar to that element of your experience, Jinx.

So anyway, we got to the doctor's surgery and I waited with my mother for our turn. Once that came around my doctor immediately decided that it was appendicitis and told us to go straight to the hospital. What made him decide? Extreme pain in the lower abdomen with very tense muscle on the right hand side of that area. If you get that and it doesn't abate, I'd start to worry!

At the hospital we were asked a few questions - and I'm sure they did some tests as well - before I was placed in line for emergency surgery. According to the surgeons my appendix was in the process of rupturing. Left any later and it would have burst, leaking toxins into my body and possibly killing me.

That's the main bulk of my story there. I have had other quite pains, although not for a few months now and certainly never any worse than my appendicitis. If it really is as bad as childbirth, or rather if childbirth is really as painful as appendicitis, I really do empathise with mothers out there!
Melacos
Well yea, I have a slipped spinal disc, which is pressing against a nerve stretching down my leg... I never knew pain before this happened, and I've cried exclusively out of pain a few times from this... It's a year ago it happened, and I'm still on painkillers on daily rations... Though it has improved to some degree....
ankitdatashn
yeah sometimes it happens, they say when the fate F***s you their is no saviour. I many a times have had evil days all things going against me, sometimes thats physically, sometimes its mentally.

Most of the times was hurt in my school days, While playing football fell on the concrete floor, very abusively hurt. Normally we used to play football just by kicking a small chunk of woodpiece on the basketball court, the basketball court of the school was very harsh, just a fall can get your skin grated up. next returned back and again fell. Dont ask how it feels to get hurt in the same place again, hope you all know it yourself very well, felt like someone salting my pain, then got the fever very that day on returning home.

Some very bad days of my life which I would like to forget.
nigam
worst pain that i had ever felt was when i got a urinary tract infection. whew...good thing i wasn't hospitalized though
ptfrances
I don't think I have ever felt such a pain.

Smile
tony
jsfdan wrote:

Whao! Is this post true? I am so sorry for you.. It sounds you have so much pain, and only in one day!!
Arty
Tadtoad wrote:
I also remember my neighbor's mother sprinkling salt on the wound saying it would heal faster and stop hurting....lies!

Lol!!!!! Not smart! xD
erlendhg
Once, I was teaching a judo technique where the one of a pair shall throw him- or herself to the ground and throw the other one over him or her.

I ended up getting a solid foot in my crotch. That was quite painful, to say it mildly.'

Tadtoad wrote:
I also remember my neighbor's mother sprinkling salt on the wound saying it would heal faster and stop hurting....lies!

Funny... We have that method described in Norwegian folk tales as a way to punish the men (extra painfully) who fails to rescue the princess or the kingdom.
ftv_flung
agghh what I really hate is delayed pain haha... when you either cut yourself without realising, then see it and it starts hurting OR you get a weird burning sensation or similar after achieving a cut and then it REALLY hurts...
biljap
Yes, few days ago I fell very badly and I hurt whole right part of my body. It hurts very badly like days haven’t passed since than… Crying or Very sad
Still, I go to work... Don’t ask how, I’m trying very hard not to show everyone that I feel bad. Though it would be smarter just to go home, lie in bed and treat this. Sad
watersoul
I had a kidney stone a few years ago, oh my gosh, I've never felt such an intense pain in my life!!! It came and went in waves throughout my lower back crippling me, so I lied on the floor curled up nearly crying. It reached a peak of pain to the point where I could almost cope with it through tolerance, then stopped for a few minutes, starting again in an agonizing attack!
I'm really not exaggerating here, I've also been kicked unconscious in my life, and that wasn't really bad at all, this was something else!

Anyway, after some morphine at the hospital and some drugs to treat it I was sent home. Later the pain killer wore off and the agony came back. Again I lied on the floor thinking the treatment will start working and went through the night until I could take it no more and called the doctor out.
He arrived and Argh!, the hospital had prescribed a drug for a kidney infection by mistake!!

Luckily the doctor at my house had the right ones, and an hour later, no pain at all yey Smile
xaogo
i don't think any of the men here should talk. i don't think the pain of child birth (in some cases up to 24 hours of it) can be matched. and thank god for that. i would not want to have that burden. i commend you women/mothers
loyal
ocalhoun wrote:
loyal wrote:
endless wrote:

Better than getting shot.

Don't you get shot anyway when you're tasered? You get hit by two spikes.

Peace.
ProfessorY91
Some of those are gruesome. Way to bear the pain ppl.

I once fell about twenty feet from a roof. Close to the ground I struck a metal bar with my chin, breaking the chin clean off. It was very painful, but the worst pain comes when they attempt to fix the chin, and the bone grinds on the exposed nerve endings. I now have absolutely no feeling at the base of my chin, and can only feel the pain of biting off my tongue if you uppercut me.

Y
bonestorm74
Yeh I've had a couple of run ins with intense pain. Most recently was just a few weeks ago - I had a kidney stone for six months. Hard to describe the pain really but extremely intense, and I could find no way to relieve it. Even morphine at the hospital didn't seem to help. Fortunately I only had bouts about once a week for an hour or so, but even still that's hard to put up with over six months. Eventually had to have an operation to have it out.

The other time was when I was 10, I had a compound fracture of my leg, was in traction and couldn't walk for a year. A lot of pain there during my two months in hospital, and during rehabilitation for a year as I learned to walk again.
thejam
I actually am in pain at this very moment.
I fell down a hole yesterday. Competely stupid. Just didn't see it. But hey shit happens..
First my leg hurt like hell, but i was on my way to a F1 race, and already could hear the engins roar..
So i bite my teeth and continued my way to the racetrack. After watching a great race and having shitloads of champagne (we had VIP tickets!!!Wink i went back home, where after i arrived my girlfriend took a look at my injury. Pulling my pants down, already revealed that the injury could be pretty sincere. My sock were wet from the blood, and when my gf took a look she turned pale, cause she could see large pieces of my bone, and send me to the hospital.
I had a damaged bone and a big ass wound (7 stiches, some IV and some shots), and although i didnt felt it in the beginning, its hurting like hell now. Sad
endless
loyal wrote:
endless wrote:

it depends on the fence, i screamed like a little girl :S and i was 8 at that time, and i guess it would hurt as much as a tazer does to someone whos 30 :S
j_f_k
1. go skiing
2. have a fall at speed and arrange for bindings not to release
3. tear 2 ligaments clean off a knee (hopefully not both!)

this bit isn't actually painful at all (although almost everybody assumes it is)

4. have operation to rectify
5. endure restricted movement in legs because of new tissue on ligaments (not painful in itself just invconvenient)

now for the pain bit

6. go to sadistic physiotherapist (ie any physio) where they forcibly increase the movement of your knees by bending and straightening your legs repeatedly.

ouch ouch ouch

a lady (a mother) that had this same ordeal as me and assured me the pain felt was worse than anything she had at the birth of her children.
loyal
endless wrote:
loyal wrote:
endless wrote:

it depends on the fence, i screamed like a little girl :S and i was 8 at that time, and i guess it would hurt as much as a tazer does to someone whos 30 :S

Wow it must have been very painful.
Didn't they have any warning signs?

Peace.
iyepes
The worst pain I've ever experienced is migraine.

I've been told that having a birth is too much worse, I don't know, I haven't been pregnant in my life.

The bad part about migraine pain, is that it tends to come back time to time, auch....
Cove
Wow, mine isn't as bad as some of these...I was doing backflips on a trampoline and ended up landing on the metal bar and broke two ribs D: Not fun at all. That hurt for a good 6 months.
shkumbin
A week ago I had an intense pain on my stomach, I think it was because I had drunken too many coffees and my stomach reacted in that way. I remember vividly what an intense pain was that lasted all day long, I took three different pills but to no avail. I didn't want to go to hospital in the hope that it will go away so I just stayed on the bad, crying and feeling the pain. It was horrible, I hope it never happens again, I'm trying to take care more of my stomach I mean of what I eat and drink.
PatTheGreat42
No. Not really. There was this one time this thing kinda hurt, but it was okay.

Wait, no, remember. Back seized up. Couldn't move. Wasn't fun. Don't recommend it. Stupid pinched nerves.
stel4e
Yea ... when I was child and the dentist was doing my tooth ... it was really painful.... afterwards I didn't want to go to dentist anymore and I had really bad moments with my parents taking me to the dentist.... But now I have my lovely doctor ... and she is really great at her job....
stel4e
Yea ... when I was child and the dentist was doing my tooth ... it was really painful.... afterwards I didn't want to go to dentist anymore and I had really bad moments with my parents taking me to the dentist.... But now I have my lovely doctor ... and she is really great at her job....
Fatality
There was on time when I had a very bad stomach sickness. Something we think was the Norwalk virus. I was sick for almost a week. The biggest problem was the vomiting, it was so intense that my stomach muscles would tighten up so much I thought I was going to be stuck that way. I could not sleep or eat. It was horrible.
Crazy_Canuck
I haven't had too much pain in my life, thankfully. The worst was a tooth infection that i walked around with for a week, and eventually ended up getting a root canal. By the time I got to the dentist, I was sobbing in the chair and would've had her yank the tooth out with no anaesthetic, I was in so much pain.

My brother has had way more pain than me--once he shattered both of his elbows playing hockey (he was tripped, and landed on both elbows full-force not wearing pads). The local doc sent him home overnight with aspirin--he didn't splint them or anything--misdiagnosing how bad the breaks were. By about 4 in the a.m. he was close to shock and my parents rushed him to the hospital, where he had surgery on both arms and had pins put in. He was only 12 years old, and I still feel so sorry for him thinking of what he went through that night.
Wolf1918
As far as intense pain goes, I'd have to say one of my severe migraines would have to be the worst. The pain is intense. It is so bad that any sound or light causes it to hurt even worse, any movement causes nausea and all I can do is curl up in bed, in misery, for hours until it goes away. I've even had them last for more than a day.

I also have arthritis in my spine which causes severe back pain.

A badly infected tooth hurts like bloody hell too, especially if it hits on a Sunday and there are no dentist offices open. Which has happened to me.

And then there is non-physical intense pain. Like when my wife died a year and a half ago, and my niece dying of untreatable cancer tumors in her brain. The doctors just found it a month ago and now they are telling us she only has 1 to 3 months to live. She's only 36 and has a 14 year old daughter and an 11 year old son.

Chad
CherylE
Lets see. I went thru childbirth twice that is pretty intense pain especially the one that lasted for 12 hours.

I had kidney stones and gall stones at the same time. One of the kidney stone got lodged in the urinary tract causing infection to set in. By the time I got to the hospital I was rolling around the floor in extreme pain. The doctor had to put a stint in the tract so the stone could pass. That was a different kind of pain all together. They crushed the kidney stones that were left and two weeks later I had the gall stones removed. That was the worst pain I have ever experienced.

I also had a severe tooth infection with an abcess. After driving for a half hour to the dentist she had to cut the abcess to let it drain. I think that pain was almost as bad as childbirth and kidney stones. After that I had a root canal.

All I can say is thank God for really good pain killers!!!
pashmina
I have one. Once I had to be operated. I was taken to the operation room, and they gave me the local anesthesia. But to my horror it wasn't working as it should have worked. I told them it hurts, but they just said they should be no pain at all. Later they found out that the anesthesia had been tainted. So the hospital provided an amount of compensation for the damage caused..

It was hell painful.
Quiviro
Last monday I got a big tattoo in my back: almost two hours of intense pain. Then my back was burning although the day was very cold. But my friends say I cannot complain because I wanted to do it.
ParsaAkbari
Well i remember once when i fell out of a tree.

The tree was weird, its trunk split in two.

So i fell out and me knees buckeled in between the split in the trunk..

Lost lots of skin. Then it kept rubbing on my trousers and sides of the bed when i wanted to sleep >.<
coolclay
Ah yes pain my dear friend. I have had many painful experiences luckily I have a high threshold for pain.

My most painful moment was probably after getting a stung deep in the center of my hand by a Yellow stingray. The pain was an intense throbbing burning sensation it actually felt like my hand was being burned alive. It was absolutely horrendous. I got stung around 3:00pm, I took lots of advil and past out from the pain at like 5:00pm. Thank God I couldn't feel the pain once I fell asleep. Then I woke up the next morning and my hand was pretty much paralyzed. I couldn't feel it nor could I move it more then barely wiggleling my fingers. The venom must have done enough nerve damage that it caused the temporary paralyzation. Day by day I slowly regained more feeling and movement, by the end of the month I could fully close my hand. But to this day many years after if you rub the right side of my pointer finger it tingles, and doesn't feel normal. So yea thats my worst of the worst pain story!
Vladalf
ftv_flung wrote:
agghh what I really hate is delayed pain haha... when you either cut yourself without realising, then see it and it starts hurting OR you get a weird burning sensation or similar after achieving a cut and then it REALLY hurts...

Hah you're right. Something like that happened to me a few months ago. I was at a friend's house and we we're sitting at a table and my friend dropped a book on my head and hand by mistake and we both laughed. But when we looked at the book it had blood on a corner. Man, I froze in that moment, tought it was blood from the head. My friend started to search trough my hear for cuts Laughing but i was just scratched on my hand.
Vladalf
supernova1987a
Sinus pain can be really disturbing. once it was so bad that my one eye remained closed for many days. i could not open it due to pain. i wouldnt know if i needed to panic or take rest cos at the same time i had fever too. i could not stand up or sit. i didnt know what to do. i was living alone so couldnt go out to hospital or a drug store or even cook food to eat. it was worst than worst nightmares anyone of you might have ever had.
Donutey
Slammed my finger in the 5th door of a hatchback, and then when I broke my arm skating...
Mrs Lycos
Well, if we talk about pain..

1- When I was a kid, we were playing career with the skates, the person with the runners duck and the other wore.In one of those races the guy dropped my hand and my knee crashed on the floor.
I had to go to the hospital and they sew me four points. Crying or Very sad
2-
A few months ago, I went with my brother to run on the beach, was running while I did not see a stone that was erected or an iron, so I stepped on and stretch the muscle of the ankle.
Hurt so much walking!
And now, when its cold it hurts Sad.
ankitdatashn
jsfdan wrote:

You seem to have a bad time friend, guess you need some rest, pray to god!!

I felt intense pain when a muscle in my elbow(i think its called funny bone) is hit and some current like effect is produced, it stayes for about 3-4 seconds and is kinda unbearable. That ridiculous that God has made some or other amusing thing!!
Kaseas
Oh yeah, broken bones, torn muscles/tendons, dislocated joints, 20 foot drops, car accidents, I've done em all. I have to say you get desensitized after a few, now when I break something it's like "Awwww man! Now I gotta go to the hospital again. Damn, I was really looking forward to dinner."
Katina
The most intense pain I remember ever feeling was when I got stitches on my knees in 1st grade. I was screaming my heart out, and I don't think it was just psychological.
deanhills
Think pain is experienced differently by different people on the physical level, as some feel pain much more acute than others and have easy trips to the dentist or standard operations. So I would say it is relative, and perhaps someone who has great difficulty to absorb pain will be braver in essence than someone else who hardly "feels" the same pain.

Think my most acute pain has been in my lower back to the point where I cannot stand, sit, lie or do anything. My whole focus is to get rid of the pain. Then next pain in my achilles heels, although this has become much less lately. Also occasional cramps in my calves when I am sleeping. I think the pain I have suffered must be nothing in comparison with the acute pain I have read in some of the postings. But when I do experience the pain, it is quite acute relative to not having any pain most of the time. I guess all of this is quite subjective.
Libby
Last spring, I was standing near the fireplace to get warm and my skirt caught on fire! I panicked a bit, then stop-drop-rolled. At first it didn't hurt and I was really relieved -- "oh I didn't get burned that badly!" But I was just in shock. The pain set in really fast and BIG TIME. I went into the shower and turned on the cold water -- also a bad idea. It quickly numbed the pain a little so I got out and called my mom (a doctor). The pain started up again while I was talking to her. It turns out you should not use very cold water on a burn! It just numbs the pain instead of stopping the burning. So I had to get back in the shower and use luke-warm water instead. I was in there for a half an hour waiting for my mom to come with burn ointment. So so so miserable. The pain lasted for two days... And I had blisters all over my butt for much longer.

Lesson: FIRE BAD.
spunky
yeah, i had soo..
when my internet connection going really slow..hohoho Sad
hamza1122
i've avoided a lot of injuries in my life thank god. But i remember last year after i finished my zone cross crountry race, i jumped on my friends back (pushed myself up from his shoulders), so i went really high and as i came back down my shoe clipped his heel and i instantly sprained my ankle. OWWW!!

Severe sprain! It killed so much i couldn't walk properly for a week. and the funny thing is that my friend didn't help me up he just ignored me coz he kept saying "im tired"
Triple_7
To many times to count, between broken bones, torn cartilage in a knee, and many more accidents and injuries...its amazing I'm still in one piece Rolling Eyes

Top 3:

3...Almost exactly 3 years ago, would have been 18 at the time. Started on a Sunday with a slight pain in my chest, didn't think anything of it, kept getting a little worse through the day, hard to sleep that night. Had no insurance so going to the doctor was a last resort. Pain was a little worse throughout the morning. Then about 5PM that Monday evening I was sitting here on the computer and out of the blue the pain became excruciating, I couldn't breath, got light headed and couldn't see strait. Home alone and no phone I made it to the front door and got outside on the steps which was the last thing I remember. Woke up in a hospital bed a few hours later. Apparently a neighbor saw me come out and drop, called 911. Turned out it was swelling around my heart, which explains why it just kept getting worse. Lucky it was caught fast enough, they told me I could have had a full heart attack at any moment. For being 18 at the time a pretty healthy guy the only explanation they came up with for what caused it was a high stress level. Which I defiantly had at that time.

2...Fell and only one finger kept me from a face plant...shattered the bone into quite a few pieces, required months of pins to get it back together and have use of it.

1...The worst one I can remember, yet not even close to the worst injury. I managed to roll an ATV and took a flight down into a ravine. Bottom is covered in slate rocks. Landed hard and after the ATV rolled past I stood up and saw my friend with his mouth wide open. Looked down and realized their was a hole in my left wrist. Just out of shock I ripped my shirt off and wrapped my wrist tightly for fear I hit the vain. Wasn't till we made it back up to the house that I realized it had missed but was still going to need stitches. But while washing it off I kept getting more blood in the sink, but it didn't seem to be coming from my wrist. Looked in the mirror and discovered a huge chunk of my chin was missing, about the size of my thumb. But during none of this was there pain, both cuts had severed all the nerves. It was the hospital ER where I finally felt probably the worst pain in my life. After laying on a bed in this little room for over 2 hours after the nurse had cleaned the wounds and shaved what little bit of my facial hair that was left on my chin, a doctor finally came in to sew me up. Started with the wrist, using local anesthetic putting the shots right on the edge of the wound. Painful as could be but was able to bare it. Then it finally came time for the gaping hole in my chin. I had a firm grip on the metal side rail of the bed, as he was shooting in the anesthetic the pain was just unbelievable, worse then anything I could ever remember, and that was just the shots...they didn't really work, so while I was getting stitched up I could still feel it. After 9 stitches and me calling the doctor every name under the sun it was all over and I finally let go of the railing. And then he asked the stupid question..."Did it really hurt that bad?" with a shocked look on his face. I was ready to kill him but then I realized what he was getting at. I had bent the stainless steel railing into a nice bow Shocked He said that was the first time he'd ever seen a person manage to do that, usually they pass out before the pain gets that bad Shocked
flyfamilyguy
Sad "Intense Pain"? Click Here > http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-89443.html
spring567
I feel so bad these days ,either .
I want to go to die if there is a chance .
livingontheedge
Intense Pain... Yes last Summer I was working for a Landscaping Company in Nova Scotia. Well let's just say all the lifting ended up giving me a HERNIA! Let me tell you a couple of nights I wanted to kill myself. For those of you who don't know, a HERNIA happens mostly in your lower region. If it decides to fallout still inside the pain is unbearable. You wake up with a coldsweat, your back has completely gone frozen, can't move you just want to kill yourself. Worse pain Ive ever felt hope it never happens again.
paul_indo
No, and I hope I never do.

Neve can understand how people can resist torture and having bits cut sloowly off their body. Being skinned alive must be rather painful too.
Parkour_Jarrod
Oh yeah man do i get some BADDDD pains, okay well i have Muscle Cramping Syndrome, i get cramps all the time like 24 times a day (no exaggeration) And in all parts of my body (very strange one i had today was a cramp in my FACE! that hurt Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

The worst cramps are in the back just below the shoulder muscle.

Also i would like to mention to ALL WOMEN that i am one of the few males that know what you go through monthly because, i get cramps there EVERY WEEK sure im a man but its not in the ...... but all the muscles down there and it HURTS
a female doctor has said that its worse then females Periods, so im going to go with that, but still men it is still very painful to them, about as painful as a light whack in the sack

anywho, bad cramps, almost died after having cramps in my torso muscles making it impossible to breath... yeah

Cramps = Bad
valadez
At one point I thought I had a toothache. I had this pain that felt like I had a thin sharp spike coming from under the right side of my jaw, up through my teeth, and up to behind my eyes.
And no matter what I did or took nothing eased the pain.
It turned out that I had a blocked sinus and the moment I started using nasal spray the pain started to subside. Within days it was gone completely, the relief was incredible.
I had no idea something like that could cause so much pain Shocked
jessicawalker
One time, I was climbing a very tall tree and I almost made it to the top when a woodpecker came out of NOWHERE and pecked out my eyeball. I was so shocked from this that I fell, hitting each branch on the way down. I finally landed on a bed of razor sharp spikes only to realize that they were also on fire and I was impaled AND burning to death. Seeing this, my friend began hosing me down with water and I drowned.

That was very painful.
jabce85
Can't claim any intense pain, but I did come extremely close to drowning as a child.. The feeling of saltwater completely filling your lungs is absolutely terrible
Crinoid
Child birth. Like sharp intolerable toothache or sharp object in eyeball, only for many hours, coming and going, knowing that it will return again and again, and there will be no other solution or exit from pain.
Drowning (without necessity of CPR), burning (2nd degree only), deep cut, hammer on finger, migraine, osteoarthritis - no comparison, not even close (was there, done that). No wonder that one will avoid even remote possibility of occurring this again... Lifelong.
Nick2008
I remember having appendicitis, and worst of all it popped. I had all of this junk all over inside my body and had to remain in the hospital for awhile to get all of it out.

Worst pain in my life.
andredesignz
well am gonna start going back to the jim and i know am gonna suffer from intense pain
agulto
depends on which type of pain physically when i crashed myself under a van while roller blading around which had caused me to break my ankle and during that mishap i also scraped my knees off the pavement which covered my lower body parts in blood. with regard to emotional pain it was when i lost my father. Crying or Very sad
carlospro7
jsfdan wrote:

Ouch, sounds like you had a really unlucky day.

Recently, the most intense pain I had was in my ankle. I sprained my ankle almost a month ago. during a soccer game, I stuck my leg out to stop a shot, but my foot wasn't at the right place when the person kicked the ball, and it pushed my foot inward, which in result damaged the ligaments around the ankle. It was the kind of pain where you can feel your heartbeat all throughout your body. I was down for maybe five minutes before I attempted to walk, or limp. Luckily I didn't break anything, but my foot looked like it had a kankle Laughing Anyway, it's still not completely healed and can't go back to soccer still for maybe another 2 weeks or longer. I can walk fine, but If I take a "wrong" step, my foot will get a pulse of pain that will last for a minute or so.
ahachmid
One night on a mid-shift, rougly 0300, I was coming back from the bathroom. I started to yawn real big and stretched while I was walking. My back popped and next thing I knew I was laying face down on the ground. Being a little disoriented, I got back up and headed for the door back to our workcenter. As I looked down to put in the combination for the door, I saw something dark dripping past my eyes. I touched my face and my hand came away covered in blood. I rushed through the door and told my co-worker that I had to go clean myself up and she said Ok without really looking up. I rushed back through another 2 combo doors to the bathroom where I finally found a mirror. I had a deep lasceration to my left eyebrow, only centimeters from my eyeball and several deep gashes to the right side of my nose. I padded the wounds with damp paper towel and applied direct pressure to stop the bleeding. Finally realizing what had happened, I realized how lucky I was that I haden't blinded myself.

My wife and I had been going through fad diets (this was roughly 2004) and the one we were on at the time was the no-carb diet. My body's lack of fuel coupled with the late night/yawning/back popping had caused me to pass out face first into an equipment rack. The verticle spines of a telephone distribution frame had torn open my forhead and gouged my nose quite badly.

I went back into the shop and called my boss to let him know I was on my way to the ER. On the way there, I got pulled over because the cop saw me in uniform (I'm in the USAF) holding bloody rags to my forehead. He asked if I was Ok, I told him what had happened, and he told me he's escort me to the hospital. I'm thinking sweet, we'll haul ass there. Nope, instead he drives 10 miles under the speed limit. Thankfully, he got called away or something so I was able to speed and make up for lost time..

Long story short, I got 7 stitches to the eyebrow, and the nose healed on its own. I have a tiny scar left and that's it.
anaela
umm yes, giving birth to a baby.

labor pains were intense, not to mention they did somethings to me i never heard of. like "the ballon", feels like your giving birth then and there, but it nothing but a marble size "ballon" they insert to progress the birthing process. labor pains hurted, did i say that already. then i had a c-section, and the recovery after that is crucial. feels like you're theres a knife in your stomach and you're bout to burst because the body holds so much water after giving birth. yea, what it takes to have a baby.
Zombie
I felt an intense pain when my girlfriend dumped me. Totally over it now.
raaeft1
I have experienced severe pains in my legs, chest and stomach. My knees also ache badly.
Raidation
I was waiting for my mom after-school, sitting on a bar thing. Then, one of my friends comes up from behind and pulls my legs apart. I was sitting from about 1 and a half yards off the ground. I fell off. I didn't react fast enough to break my fall and pulled both of my arms. Oh, and my heart hurt a lot from shock. But my arms were the worse.

Another one. There's only one word to describe it:

Braces

Oh, and another one.

I was playing soccer. I was trying to kick the ball one way. Another person was kicking the ball the opposite direction. I guess the other person kicked harder, because my toenail snapped and I fell onto the grass.

Another one:

I got hit in the same eye 2 times, really hard. The first one was a frisbee, while I was trying to intercept it. The other one was my friend and I playing arm wrestling in the air. Once we started, he brought his elbow up really fast and hit my eye. My eye was bleeding that time. Razz
Denvis
Ouch! I havn't had INTENSE PAIN before but my left arm does hurt and has been hurting for 2 weeks now.
sum12nv
one time i went to school camp and i was forced to ride the bikes with helmets. then the rain started and washed this chemical stuff into our eyes, that was pretty painful and it lasted so yeh my eyes hurt alot.
Ashtray
Braces. Yes.
Fanghai
i just walked for a mad long time looking for a ride at disney. it felt liek i was walking around in circles and can't seem to find exactly where i am going. when we got back, we spent anouther two hours shopping for souvenirs and another hour standing in line waiting for food. biggest pain ever. i felt like my feet are about to fall off. in terms of other pains, not really. when i run a lot my chest hurts and when i don't breathe my head hurts, but I don't really feel that much pain that much.
Dean_The_Great
The only time I have been in a position to experience intense pain, I went into shock very quickly. I fell off my bike and broke my arm in two places and got scraped up pretty bad, but after the feeling of nausea went away I just felt kinda numb and tingly....

It didn't really hurt until ten days later when they had to break my arm back into alignment...
joe_042293
I wasn't going to post until somebody mentione braces, and totally reminded me how nasty they were. Days of lying in bed on painkillers, every time they were adjusted.

Although from the sounds of things, they don't compare to some of the pains you guys have been through.

Other things I can think are that I've had lots of injections at the dentist's. They are not fun in the slightest. Also, I once leapt from a balcony and sprained by ankle, tore a ligament, but it never healed up, so I fall on it every few weeks.

Don't think there's anything else that was too bad. I've had some fairly severe lacerations, but they've all just felt very hot rather than painful.
DwightShwrute
Once! I! Tripped!

It was crazy!

JK

I havent had much intense pain thanks god. But I got close, I was on a skate board(I never skateboard) and I was being pulled by a bike down a hill and got speed woble, so Luckly I was going towars a like 5ft long grass patch and somehow did a ninja roll and didnt get a scratch. My brother recently did the same thing kindof but hit the cement and broke his shoulder.
tony
On the topic of intense pain, I've heard breaking your femur is more painful than giving birth. Does anyone know if it is true? Sounds painful...
desonium
I had a fight last weekend and got a hard kick in my vital part Confused It really hurt a lot never had intense pain before.
It was really idiot because he just started kicking, I wasn't doing anything Confused
spring567
I feel pained when I lost my girlfriend .
paskifire
1. When i was in elementary, My friend and I decided to have a mountain biking trip. Unfortunately, we are not that good in riding bicycle on a mountain trail so we ended up rolling from the top to the bottom of the mountain injured and bleeding.

2. It happened also when I was in elementary. There was a party in our house, I can sense that the people in our house are all tipsy. I was playing the balloon then suddenly, my father's cigar accidentally touched my balloon so it explode. Knowing that helium is the material inside a balloon, I feel the pain on my face then I realized that my hair turned to white. It was very painful.