FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Palin Article

jmi256
I know there's been a lot of negative stuff said about Gov. Palin and misrepresenations of what she actually says, so I just wanted to share a few tidbits on her from a New York Times article below rather than the twisted quotes and cheap shots taken out of context.

On taxes and the media:
Quote:
In terms of substance, some of what she had to say was unsurprising: She doesn’t have a very high opinion of the mainstream media, and she believes an Obama administration would kill jobs by raising taxes. But she said a couple of things that were, I thought, either personally touching or politically provocative.

On Obama's affiliation with terrorist Bill Ayers and wack-o Jeremiah Wright:
Quote:
Palin also made clear that she was eager for the McCain-Palin campaign to be more aggressive in helping the American people understand “who the real Barack Obama is.” Part of who Obama is, she said, has to do with his past associations, such as with the former bomber Bill Ayers. Palin had raised the topic of Ayers Saturday on the campaign trail, and she maintained to me that Obama, who’s minimized his relationship with Ayers, “hasn’t been wholly truthful” about this.

I pointed out that Obama surely had a closer connection to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright than to Ayers — and so, I asked, if Ayers is a legitimate issue, what about Reverend Wright?

She didn’t hesitate: “To tell you the truth, Bill, I don’t know why that association isn’t discussed more, because those were appalling things that that pastor had said about our great country, and to have sat in the pews for 20 years and listened to that — with, I don’t know, a sense of condoning it, I guess, because he didn’t get up and leave — to me, that does say something about character.

Source = http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/06/opinion/06kristol.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin
liljp617
She also said "he pals around with terrorists."

How does someone expect to be taken seriously when they say stupid shit like that constantly?

She probably got her low opinion of the media from all those news magazines and newspapers she read all the time...those ones where she couldn't name a single one when prompted.
jmi256
liljp617 wrote:
She also said "he pals around with terrorists."

How does someone expect to be taken seriously when they say stupid shit like that constantly?

Yeah, she said that, but there is some truth to the claim. Obama and Ayers did work on community boards together, Ayers selected Obama to serve as a director on his "Woods Fund," and Obama was so friendly with Ayers that he announced his intention to run for the senate in front of Ayers' front porch. Maybe you could argue the extent of the friendship/association, but you can't deny that it existed.

liljp617 wrote:
She probably got her low opinion of the media from all those news magazines and newspapers she read all the time...those ones where she couldn't name a single one when prompted.

Are you trying to say you think she graduated college, became the mayor of a town and the governor of our largest state without ever reading a magazine and/or newspaper?

I think a lot of people share her opinion of the media. The media claims up and down to be unbiased, but the yellow press is so transparent it's sickening.
liljp617
jmi256 wrote:
Yeah, she said that, but there is some truth to the claim. Obama and Ayers did work on community boards together, Ayers selected Obama to serve as a director on his "Woods Fund," and Obama was so friendly with Ayers that he announced his intention to run for the senate in front of Ayers' front porch. Maybe you could argue the extent of the friendship/association, but you can't deny that it existed.

Obama was 8 years old during the Weather Underground bombings.

Again, if Obama "pals with terrorists," McCain "pals with anti-Semites, racists, homophobes, and extremists." The blame by association game could very easily blow up in McCain's face if someone chooses to make a backlash.

jmi256 wrote:
Are you trying to say you think she graduated college, became the mayor of a town and the governor of our largest state without ever reading a magazine and/or newspaper?

I think a lot of people share her opinion of the media. The media claims up and down to be unbiased, but the yellow press is so transparent it's sickening.

No, I'm saying she's a terrible liar and obviously hasn't done much reading of magazines/newspapers lately considering she couldn't name A SINGLE, NOT ONE, magazine or newspaper that she had read over the years when asked to do so. Her response, "any of them, all of those ones that are available, any of the ones that were floating around." -.-

Certainly she read a magazine/paper or two...she did go to like three different colleges and finally graduated with a degree in sports journalism if I'm not mistaken. Surely she read an article or two about hockey.
jmi256
liljp617 wrote:
Obama was 8 years old during the Weather Underground bombings.

Obama wasn't eight years old when he had Bill Ayers host his senate kickoff or when he was asked by Ayers to serve on the board of his Woods Fund. Obama also wasn't eight years old when in 1994 Ayers said he wished he had blown up more and did more damage as a terrorist. And Obama wasn't eight years old on Sept 11, 2001 when Ayers commented that he wished there were more planes hijacked. And Obama wasn't eight years old when he praised Ayers.

This argument that Obama was eight years old is tiresome. The very fact that Ayers' terrorism had occurred before he met Obama and Obama was aware of what this man is - a terrorist - yet continued to purse an association with Ayers is the very point.

liljp617 wrote:
No, I'm saying she's a terrible liar and obviously hasn't done much reading of magazines/newspapers lately considering she couldn't name A SINGLE, NOT ONE, magazine or newspaper that she had read over the years when asked to do so. Her response, "any of them, all of those ones that are available, any of the ones that were floating around." -.-

I can't believe that you really think this is an issue. Meanwhile, Obama supporters aren't able to name any accomplishments of his, but that's ok?