FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blade in throat

kilotun
Hope this is the correct forum.

But a close friend of mine has a blade embeded in the throat. Was a like pencil sharpener blade that was accidentally swallowed. And got stuck inside the throat. It has been there for years and she is just fine. She can move it around a little bit from the front of her neck.

What would be a kind of like Surgery to remove it? It seems she don't have a problem with it, but some times it will bleed.
HamsterMan
I will say, that's complettely insane. Yeah sure it might be fine now, but if there is bleeding there is definitely a risk that it will get infected, (not to mention that the body would probably try to expel it as well). Just go to a hospital and tell the doctors. They will know what to do.
kilotun
I am trying to get her to do something. But as i have said it has been there for years. But i have the same concerns.
HamsterMan
Tell her not to worry about the surgery. At the hospital they will probably first take x-rays to see exacly where the blade is, then make a tiny incision and pull it out. At worst case she will get a couple of stitches for a few weeks, but there shouldn't be any scarring.

If I'm not mistaken having a foreign item like that inside your body will exhaust your immune system, as the body is trying to get rid of it, and it can cause you to become sick over time.
kilotun
Well thx man. But ya she has had it in there for years. and she is just fine. Not sick or anything.
nigam
seriously, for now....it doesn't hurt her but years and years and years 'til the blade will get stained, thats the time she will tell herself...its too late...why i didn't go to a hospital earlier...well i say sorry for her, if she will be a hard headed gurl...many people were just concern for her.
tony
EEsh I would be concern too! It sounds so scary.... I hope she can be okay - and it sounds like she is for now.
crimson_aria
oh my god.. that's serious? scary. take her to the doctor to make sure everything's going to be fine, now and in the long run.