FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New NHL Season

lastelement0
just yesterday the 08-09 NHL season kicked off with 2 games over in europe. I for one am pretty pumped about the new season as i love watching hockey. but its a losing situation for most fans with just basic cable as there are only few games that make it on to NBC since the strike a few years back. The other channel that gets games regularly i ironically have at my school but do not get it at home.

i try to watch as many games as i can but there just isnt the coverage for it like there used to be. theres seems to be virtually no hype for NHL anymore and its disappointing because i find it to be one of the most exciting professional sports out there.

what are your thoughts?
malcolmpreen
I agree completely.... but being based in Europe (UK actually), its always been tricky to get any coverage. We've now got NASN (North American Sports Network), which shows a few live games each week... but my current addiction is watching the games on the internet... which is OK for me... but doesn't help sell the sport to others...

Malcolm
kody
Guess I'm lucky that I live in Canada and get to watch pretty much every single game of our Vancouver Canucks! Smile It's either on one of two sports channels (Rogers Sportsnet or TSN), the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company), or Pay-per-view. When it's Pay-per-view, you just head out to the bar with some friends to watch the game! Smile

You guys down south are lucky though in that your game tickets are bloody cheap. I can't get in to a Canucks game for less than $100.