FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need the Tex Filter in Moodle to work

infinisa
Hello Folks

I should like to have the Tex filter (in Moodle) working so as to display maths expressions using LaTex correctly.

Unfortunately, when I run the test script http://infinisa.frih.net/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php
I get the following error messages which means the test failed due to security restrictions:

Warning: escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 108

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 131

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 131

Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 148

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 149
The shell command
"/home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux" -e "/home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/jp2y82yn/moodledata/filter/tex/74c2b66b2d2501b77fad711fd1febcf0.gif"
returned status =

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 150

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 152

Notice: Undefined variable: status in /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php on line 154
File size of mimetex executable /home/infinisa/domains/infinisa.frih.net/public_html/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux is 429514
The file permissions are: 100755
The md5 checksum of the file is e14b7159b8738a60e7909226e8edc5ce
Image not found!

I should be grateful if you could lift the restrictions so that the Tex filter in Moodle will work.

Thanks.
rvec
sorry won't happen, stuff like 'shell_exec()' will never be enabled. You'll have to find some other way to do the same, because I don't think this software can be used on frihost.