FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

R/C Boats

WhistleTurning
Any one here interested in radio controlled boats. (We have already had choppers and aircraft now for waterborne craft). I have built 3, a tramp steamer, a deep sea trawler and an ocean going tug. All are in the range of 3-4ft in length and all are currently electrically driven. The tramp is made up of a balsa hull with block carved to make the stem and stern and has also been powered by a watercooled diesel (2cc). The other two have a planked hull (5mm wide), with the tug having twin screws. The controls for the trawler and tramp are just bog standard two channel radios controlling the motor and rudder. The tug however has a 5 channel radio, with individual controlls for each screw(twin motors), rudder and a further channel used for a water pump to give a jet of water to power a fire fighting nozle. These are all scale built rather than just "boats".
mrcool
hi whistle,

can you show us a picture of R/C boats? it seems a very interesting hobby to put on my lists. thank you.
WhistleTurning
Yep when I get a little time I will post them on a site and put up the url here.
jwellsy
The public lakes and ponds near me do not allow any kid of gas powered motors including RC.

I would have to use a battery or sail powered boat.

I love the look of those RC sailboats that are like three foot long and four foot tall. But they are so big that storage can be an issue.