FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Supernatural: *Spoiler Alert*

mgeek
Just finished watching a rerun of the last concluded season of Supernatural. We still don't have the new season in our cable, but I've seen some previews (text, can't watch the videos) of the new season. I wrote an article about it here. Tell me what you think.
Idoru
Haven't read the article, but, just have to say that it's a bit cheap to put a spoiler in the title...
angfrayle
From what I've seen of the new season (2 episodes), the storyline has been expanded to include God and the angels. If there are demons, there must be angels. And during episode 2 we are introduced to the last battle of the Apocalypse where Lilith breaks open the seals that imprison Lucifer. What is interesting is that the Apocalypse they are using is different from the Apocalypse that is widely distributed. This latter is "for tourists" says one of the characters who is able to read THE real book. If you've seen the movie "Gabriel", it would appear as if "Supernatural" has hooked with the storyline of that movie.
Insanity
Shouldn't there be a spoiler warning or soemthing?
angfrayle
Insanity wrote:
Shouldn't there be a spoiler warning or soemthing?

Oooops. I was thinking that all of you are watching the new series now. In fact, the new series started in our parts only two weeks ago. In the States it started months ago.
mgeek
hansal wrote:
I have read your article and it was so nice i love to watch supernatural Episodes becoz it's afraid me! but i don't coz i am breve guy!

Thanks for the link.
angfrayle
I saw the episode that looked like a Bela Lugosi movie this afternoon: black and white and a Dracula that sounded like Bela Lugosi. Funny.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
I saw the episode that looked like a Bela Lugosi movie this afternoon: black and white and a Dracula that sounded like Bela Lugosi. Funny.

I didn't like it at all. So with the episode where they show Jensen Ackles "performing" Eye of the Tiger -- the one where the episode was about Ghost Sickness. I thought it was too far fetched.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:

I didn't like it at all. So with the episode where they show Jensen Ackles "performing" Eye of the Tiger -- the one where the episode was about Ghost Sickness. I thought it was too far fetched.

yeah. I think that the script writers' resources are thinning out. You can only write so much about the para-normal. I wouldn't be surprised if they start having stories involving aliens soon. Smile
mgeek
Yeah. I wish they had stayed with the thread about Lilith. Who knows, they could have gotten better stories based on Near Eastern demons.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
Yeah. I wish they had stayed with the thread about Lilith. Who knows, they could have gotten better stories based on Near Eastern demons.

The stories are getting thin ... I agree with you. I really don't know about the angels though. I think the writers are aware that being intellectual, angels tend to be unemotional and wouldn't really think of the particulars of a mission. If they are told to bomb a place, the'd do it, no questions asked. And the Winchester boys should know that too. Instead, they argue with the angels as if they didn't know who these are. This fact of getting into tension with the angels somehow push the story forward, but it is a tension that is superficial.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
The stories are getting thin ... I agree with you. I really don't know about the angels though. I think the writers are aware that being intellectual, angels tend to be unemotional and wouldn't really think of the particulars of a mission. If they are told to bomb a place, the'd do it, no questions asked. And the Winchester boys should know that too. Instead, they argue with the angels as if they didn't know who these are. This fact of getting into tension with the angels somehow push the story forward, but it is a tension that is superficial.

The angels create a tension. But hey, there are others

Lillith (who has something against Sam Winchester)

the raising of the witnesses (which is why the angels are there in the first place)

the coming Armageddon

Sam himself

These are sources of tension in the plot that should make the series more exciting. BUT what is happening is that they are stretching the tension throughout several stories with the result that it is getting thin.
juezy
What happened to the good old days when sam and dean was fighting monsters and mythical creatures... Now its all just Angels and demons Razz.