FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't Delete Files ot Folder

Possum
Hi

I have a Folder that I can't seem to delete..

I believe it is a permission related problem..

What permission do I need to change it to?

Id there is a number like 777 or 666 that will do it could you please let me know..

Hopefully I would like to delete the folder that has all these files so I can do it all in one go..

All advice appreciated..

thank you..
rvec
what's the owner of the file and what's the permission now? Permissions can be numbers or a string of rwx and - (rwxrwxrwx == 777 and --------- ==000)
chipbricks
if you folder was created with PHP script than owner of this folder is system user "apache", thats why you under you premisыions cant delete it. In this case you can manage this folder only from script.
loyal
If you're using directadmin (server 2), then you can delete that file or folder by going into the control panel, then onto the files and then navigating to that undeleteable file or folder and clicking "reset ownership". This will allow you delete it then.

Peace.
rebeltrooper
loyal wrote:
If you're using directadmin (server 2), then you can delete that file or folder by going into the control panel, then onto the files and then navigating to that undeleteable file or folder and clicking "reset ownership". This will allow you delete it then.

Peace.

for me dosent work loyal

the logs are too many, and use 120 mgb of data