FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ForeTelling Dreams?

MunMun2o2o
Do you all have foretelling dreams before?

Well for me i had for few times.

First time was in front of toilet door there i dreamed that i fell down .
Then tomorrow i do fall down at the place that i dreamed..
SpellcasterDX
You mean the bathroom door?

Anyway I can't say I've had those kinds of dreams, but my mom says she has. Like she dreamed of something related to death and then bam the next day my great-aunt dies. (She was already sick and weak and all, but that's besides the point) Confused
Arty
Nope, my dreams are all random =o
MunMun2o2o
Another time was about test.
I dreamed that i will do a test and i saw some questions.

Few months until the test , i regonized the questions.It is exactly the same that i dreamed. Embarassed
ericf
Hmmm, you sure you just didn't get a sense of deja vu and then thought of your dream? Sometimes that happens to me.

But usually, my dreams are about nonsense... Sometimes they're about something sad and I wake up feeling sad, haha.
PennyLane
When I was younger I sometimes dreamed that some of my friends would get a row, and it really happened... But I don't know if it was really foretelling or just a feeling of some tensing between my friends...
Zombie
I dreamt I listened to the new Now That's What I Call Music cd and I dreamt it had a certain song on it. Then, when the cd came out, I listened to it and discovered that the song was actually on it! I wish I could've dreamt about the upcoming powerball numbers.
Nameless
Once I had a dream wherein I dreamed up being the hero in a fantasy world. After a while I woke up to release I needed to return to the fantasy world once more to save it, so I fell asleep again. Then after a short while I woke up again IRL. Freaky, huh?
ankitdatashn
First of all hail munmun, I hope you are not the avatar of God!!, anyways I hope you were wearing your clothes when you fell asleep near the bathroom, haha

I did not have many experiances that my dreams came up to life but I did met some vice-versa situations of Deja-vu. Like I sometimes feel like I have met the same experiences in life before. I dont know why is it so but it happens, only god knows why!!
endless
i mostly can't remember my dreams, but if i do i get a deja-vu, but what i can remember is nothing i did in my lfie so maybe i dream things twice or something liek that Shocked
jabce85
i have this happen quite often, and i can actually remember most of them well enough to realize a couple minutes before the event takes place..

anyway, i recently had one in a place i have never seen (it looked to be either an airport or a mall, but i was in a somewhat large octagonal room about 30 ft away from a large round structural member of the building with large windows on either side) but I walked up to a girl who I have never seen (she seemed to be standing in the open space between myself and the wall) and we embraced (i don't remember if it was just a hug or kiss).. then the dream skipped to the top of a parking garage (it was cloudy and there weren't a lot of cars) and we were running to a car (i'm assuming it was hers).. i'm not sure of the make, but i'm pretty sure it was a red type of hatchback; anyway, we were racing each other to get in the car (i won), and I entered on the left, her on the right (i wasn't driving btw).. then it kinda skipped again, but we were still in the car, but I was in the back behind her and she had the seat reclined and i remember realizing how beautiful she was (she looked a little like jamie pressly in the face, but with darker hair, i don't know her body type because i remember it being cold and we were wearing winter clothing), then i said something along the lines of "i don't deserve someone like you," the whole time looking at her upside down.. the dream ended with me saying to her that this was how my dream ended and we were discussing what we were going to do about it. anyway, i can still see her face and i've tried drawing it a couple times, but i can't get everything right in the drawing. also, i can really remember a lot of detail about this dream as far as what the locations looked like, but i don't remember seeing the license plates, so i don't know exaclty where this was. i don't remember hearing her name either.. anyway, i'm from the US and we definintely don't have RHD cars here. oddly however, I am planning on going to the uk in a few months to pretty much see everything and watch some football until my funds run dry, so maybe this may happen then... i've also thought of working in the uk for a while sometime in the next 5 years or so, so it could be then that it happens.... or maybe it won't happen after all.

anyway, i don't really know why i wrote all of that, but you can see how i can remember quite a bit about some dreams. also, i can somehow tell this isn't a dream my mind just threw together... somehow these dreams feel different than normal dreams. oh, and btw, if this sounds familiar to anyone.. let me know, hah..
jabce85
just wikipedia'd it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognition

Sounds like that's what it is for anyone interested. Oh, and please don't be one of those skeptics that tries to argue with me. I'm not asking you to belive me; i'm just telling you my experiences.
Diablosblizz
I sometimes get that, but I vaguely remember it when it happens the next day. I've heard that it's a brain seizure, but I don't believe that much.
sondosia
My grandma had one once. She used to live in Russia and had a dream that she was walking along a warm beach (not many of those in Moscow...) and in less than a year, my parents moved to Israel and she decided to go with them.

I don't think I've had any, though.
Kcin1
A long time ago I was once up late studying for a test and feel asleep on my desk. I dreamt I got to school, failed the test, and the teacher started yelling at me saying something about failing high school. When I woke up, I took that as a bad sign of things to come so I decided to call in sick and stay at home to study.
RosenCruz
dream can tell the future sometimes in my opinion..but we can barely realize it ...or ignore
guissmo
Oh, I'd be interested if anyone could interpret this:

I dream about what my day is going to be like, but the "dream version" is a nightmare. For example, I have a test the next day. In the dream, I fail miserably or something to that effect but in reality I just did okay (not brilliant, but okay).

Any dream interpreters here? Smile
Srs2388
I had a dream that i nearly escaped a tornado, when i woke up... i nearly escaped a tornado. same people same place... everything.
I had know previous knowledge of bad weather before the dream.

I can interpret dreams sometimes.... let me try and think.. my mind isn't exactly clear right now... which it should be for this. I will try though.

okay here goes, I think I have something.
Are you afraid of something? are you anxious about a real life situation, are you mad about something?
From what i know... there is something underlying that you are afraid of... or something that you are mad about.. Is there someone you are afraid to let down?
Am I right?
Magicman
I think most of these incidents are just coincidences which you only remember because it ended up happening. Others probably were based on information that was unconsciously processed which could lead you to making an accurate prediction of things to come. I've had many weird dreams but none that I remember that really foretold anything. I definitely have experienced deja vu many times though.
snowboardalliance
Magicman wrote:
I think most of these incidents are just coincidences which you only remember because it ended up happening. Others probably were based on information that was unconsciously processed which could lead you to making an accurate prediction of things to come. I've had many weird dreams but none that I remember that really foretold anything. I definitely have experienced deja vu many times though.

Yeah, it's called selection bias. Also, confirmation bias is a common thing that people will try only to prove something, not disprove it. Basically, if you read the first post and you thought of a time that it happened to you, you probably ignored all the other instances where it did not.

And dream interpretation is very freudian and psuedoscience, but hey, believe what you want and call it what you want.

That's just my take from my very small psych background
apple
Yeah, I have had quire a number of them in my life time.

I remember once when I was about 14 I dreamed lotto numbers and gave them to my mom to play. She told me she did not have money to waste....well lo and behold...the numbers came the following night...2.2million dollars.
I did not speak to my mom for weeks!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Another time I dreamed that my then boyfriend was cheating, I called him up and asked him and he said no. 2 days after I had a similar dream and asked him again, he said no. He called me one day 2 months after to say that he had lied!

So yeah I guess it is safe to say that I have those kinda dreams.
standready
Yes, a number of times. Always about others, never myself.
kilotun
I have a simmalar topic that is kinda the same.
It's how you can be doing something or about to do something and it flashed in you're mind that you have done it before. and you stop and think what was that? IS it just thing you realize? or are they hint from you mind to try it a different way. like you do something one way and when you you try it again and it reminds you to like try something els and not make the same mistake.

What do you thing about it?
Who els has these moment?
_AVG_
Though there isn't any scientific evidence, future telling dreams do exist. In fact, there are symbols that you need to see according to some belief ... I think that the symbol of a snake signifies the arrival of money or something ...
ankitdatashn
Just lately my badimummy(aunt) encountered such situation. But this one is little different. It encompassed three people that were involved, two relatives told that they dreamt my aunt of having pain in the brain. they both called her and told what they dreamt, and she told them that she infact had severe pain in her brain region.

Sometimes intuitions and these types of things do happen!!
tony
Arty wrote:
Nope, my dreams are all random =o

Haha; I was glad when I read your post :p As my dreams seem the same and I cannot tell the future from them! Glad I am not alone Smile
PatTheGreat42
Never had that, but sometimes I've done something, and then dreamed about it.

Totally the same thing, but, you know, backwards.
reiika101
I have foretelling dreams most of the time, but just a vision of it. I don't get much surprised when it happens.
snowboardalliance
_AVG_ wrote:
Though there isn't any scientific evidence, future telling dreams do exist. In fact, there are symbols that you need to see according to some belief ... I think that the symbol of a snake signifies the arrival of money or something ...

Of course they exist, it's practically impossible that someone would never dream about something that happens at a later point due to simple probability Rolling Eyes
Sorry, I know that's not what you are saying but that's just another side of the argument.
gugusm
Well, most of my dreams are rather crazy and it's impossible to see such a thing happening in real life Wink
Gonzalo
Someone once told me with rather odd taste,
that his sister just foretold that im gay.

With major surprise I aknowledged within,
I tried to forgive her but doubts came right in.

Could not get the tidyness grow in my head,
was losing it all, I was looking like dead.

But why to opose what may result of me,
trying to chill out, I just let my taste be.

For more that I tried to achieve the foretold,
the idea of gayness was nothing but old,
I managed to feel right inside of myself,
of my friend´s sister I fell at the end.

Dr. Stupid
sulavaryal
i don't believe it at all. Waiting for it to happen to me.
still waiting.........
biljap
I don’t have dreams that tell me exactly what will happen to me, but sometimes I have confusing dreams about things for which I know that can’t be true, but when I wake up I just know, I feel that something will go wrong. And it does. Rolling Eyes Sometimes I feel that there is meaning of everything we dream… Though I never believer in it but dreams like those make me doubt.
I want to relax while I sleep; I don’t want to know what will happen in the morning and feel bad because my brain has made some stupid pictures in my head. Confused
MunMun2o2o
Oh i see...
There had different ways to dream it (i think)
After u dream it , when the time comes the dream will come true...
sana618
well i don't know if i ever had dreams that foretold any events in my life...... but i've heard that you can interpret dreams when you see certian things....... like for example.........
if you saw a snake with its hood raised...... br aware you have an enemy who is about to
strike at you.
if you saw a white horse.......... you have a very trusted friend in time of your need.
if you saw your molar tooth fall off........you'll hear of death among your loved one's
if you saw a tiger......... power and prosperity is in store for you..,,,

there are many more but at present i can remember only these.....

all these can be described as old wife's tales but i've seen many people belive in this and also people are always curious to interpret what their dreams mean,and always think of dreams as something relating to the future but no one ever tells that certian dreams can relate to things in the past.......
supernova1987a
well, yeah many times. sometimes very bad results, sometimes it reveals truth.

anyone seen ghosts in dreams? and then wake up to see a ghost in front of you?

anyone seen your own room in your dream and wake up to see exactly the same position of your body and other things in the room as in the dream?
HamsterMan
Most of my dreams are rather weird/strange/disturbing so I like to think that they don't mean anything.
tony
MunMun2o2o wrote:
Another time was about test.
I dreamed that i will do a test and i saw some questions.

Few months until the test , i regonized the questions.It is exactly the same that i dreamed. Embarassed

Whoa!! I want your dreams! How do I get them? haha
Zombie
I can sometimes alter my dream midsleep, however, this doesn't have anything to do with foretelling.