FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL Timeout

swizzy
I'm, facing this MySQL issue since a few hours... It shows up the following error in DirectAdmin

Quote:
Your connection has timed out

Details

Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.
Please notify the server admin

Also the MySQL database seems to be unavailable to my sites.
ftv_flung
Yeah, I'm getting the following message.. (on server 2)

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/ftvflung/domains/flagthesevideos.net/public_html/loginreg.php on line 3
Could not connect: Too many connections

On my site too Sad Sad
swizzy
I guess this is related to http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-98276.html so if necessary this could be locked.

However I'm also getting a accompanying timeout with I use the directadmin filemanager, its asks to to contact the server admin, or turn of Folder Usage Count! Is this related to it?
ocalhoun
^No, I don't think that this is related to that thread, because that problem is fixed, and this is not.
MySQL is being very unreliable lately on the .frih.net server (I'm not sure which that is these days). It will work sometimes, but then it seems to stop working, and works only intermittently. For the last week, this has made it very difficult and time consuming to do anything with any MySQL-dependent sites on that server, so this needs to be solved soon!
takashiro
I hope the problem fixed soon, too. My site now can't be logged in at all. I guess, too many connections are caused by a DDoS attack. Sad
wombatrpgs
I'm having the same issue. It's very frustrating with a SQL-based website, since it takes upwards of sixty seconds to do anything during the periods where it's up.
ocalhoun
Is everybody who is experiencing this on the same server?
Bondings
I'm working on server 2 and trying to get it back to normal. At the moment it's running fine again, I hope it stays that way.
wombatrpgs
It seems to be operating a lot smoother now. Is there any particular reason the server would misbehave like this?
Bondings
wombatrpgs wrote:
It seems to be operating a lot smoother now. Is there any particular reason the server would misbehave like this?

I changed a few settings and removed an account with a proxy. I guess it was due to a lot of reasons combined.
cavey
Thanx Bondings! Havent gotten any errors since saturday morning. :)