FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strange wildlife..

jabce85
Where I go to school in Western Kentucky we have white squirrels all over the place. Does anyone have any other strange wildlife where they're from?

I'll have to post a pic or something, but there's not enough time now.

Let me know your thoughts...
jwellsy
Olney Illinois has a large population of white squirels also.
http://www.ci.olney.il.us/Visitors/WhiteSquirrel.htm

Where I live we have red, grey and black squirels.
jabce85
yeap.. those are exactly what the ones around school look like. grey "white" squirrels. thanks for the reply!
Cddhesh
I remembered my schools days with this post, On the way to school there were many Oak treas on either side of the road which were full of big size jungle crows.Their sound is still there in my ears.
While returning from schools they used to have a small dinner with remaining stuff that we were giving to them from our lunch box.What a beautiful time it was.
Currently situation is different, All Oak trees have been removed and a broad two way road has been made.Schools has its own bus now. Students goes to school listening to gaging sound of Bus.
mattyj
depends what you call weird...

what i call normal a lot of people might call weird ???

we have Black Wallaby's, Eastern Wombats, Eastern Grey Kangaroos, Echidnas, Dingos and some introduced pest species such as Foxes and Rabbits...
deanhills
jabce85 wrote:
Where I go to school in Western Kentucky we have white squirrels all over the place. Does anyone have any other strange wildlife where they're from?

I'll have to post a pic or something, but there's not enough time now.

Let me know your thoughts...

I love wagtails. I have always known wagtails in my life. They are cute, curious, and love to wonder close to people. I remember a wagtail at home which was continuously battling with its own image in a glass door. Could never give up. And when he passed on, there was always another wagtail to replace him and do exactly the same thing. Keep on bashing itself into the glass door, thinking there is another wagtail to bash into Smile

So in the Middle East played close attention to a wagtail that I had never seen before and really looked "weird". I dubbed it a "clown" wagtail, but it is called a White Wagtail and can be viewed at the URL below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Wagtail
jabce85
mattyj wrote:
depends what you call weird...

what i call normal a lot of people might call weird ???

we have Black Wallaby's, Eastern Wombats, Eastern Grey Kangaroos, Echidnas, Dingos and some introduced pest species such as Foxes and Rabbits...

ha, yeap.. i would definitely consider those strange if they were around here! i plan on visiting your beautiful country some time within the next 5 years or so.. so hopefully i will get to experience them all!

thanks everyone for the feedback!