FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who are YOU going to vote for?

Who are you going to vote for?
McCain - Palin
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Obama - Biden
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Other/Independant
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

bes4360
Who do you plan on voting for in the upcoming elections? If you can't vote just say who you would vote for if you could. I can't vote yet but I am going for John McCain and Sarah Palin. I believe they stand for all of the issues that I agree with. McCain is Pro-Life and so is Sarah Palin. I'm Pro-Life and that's my biggest issue. What about you?

*Please no flaming! Everyone is entitled to their opinions!*
handfleisch
The political problem with "Pro-life" is that the Republicans use the issue to fool one-issue voters and inflame the public, but they will never do anything about it. Big pro-life Reagan didn't and semi-fundamentalist Bush didn't and that shows they never will. With all due respect, you're getting taken advantage of on that one.

I was thinking of sitting out this election until McCain ran his lying attack ad on the subject of Obama & Sex (Ed) for Kindergartners, which was the sleaziest moment in US politics since TV was invented. I feel that no candidate or party who has done such a despicable thing should be rewarded with a win. And a candidate who would run such an ad when there are serious, dangerous issues like the wars and economic collapse going on, isn't fit.

Then Sarah Palin was nominated, which even Republicans are starting to realize what a disgraceful mistake it was as the disastrous interviews and the "troopergate"/ personal revelations of character problems just get worse. I sent money to Obama a couple weeks ago in response.
Keran
I'm not American, but from what I see and hear from the TV/net I would vote for Obama. Mostly because I guess I'm eager to see something new, like the first black president, maybe it'll change the world into a better place... Or maybe people won't be able to accept it and it won't last a day...
Battle_Off
hey!

i just made a topic about this exact subject

you should check to see if anyone else has posted a topic before you do!
DinoBob
handfleisch wrote:
The political problem with "Pro-life" is that the Republicans use the issue to fool one-issue voters and inflame the public, but they will never do anything about it. Big pro-life Reagan didn't and semi-fundamentalist Bush didn't and that shows they never will. With all due respect, you're getting taken advantage of on that one.

Ditto. Very Happy

bes4360 wrote:
I believe they stand for all of the issues that I agree with. McCain is Pro-Life and so is Sarah Palin. I'm Pro-Life and that's my biggest issue.

I'll honestly try and steer away from commenting on other people's opinions, as it's really not so much what the topic is about, but that doesn't sound right to me. I don't care so much whether you're pro-life or not, (and it's only my opinion) but I feel safe in saying that if your biggest issue politically in a presidential election, especially after the last near-decade of American decline, is whether or not you can impose your own set-belief, about one subject, on someone else making a personal and private decision in their own life, your priorities are somewhat out of place.

Me? I was a very avid advocate of Biden to become the Democratic nominee back in the early primaries. Awe.. Such a long time ago that was, wasn't it? Laughing So I was ecstatic to see that Obama picked the right guy for the job.

We have a very strong ticket with good people. Smile
thejam
I am not American either, and do not even support Obama that much.. however in this "democratic" sysytem of two parties, the democrats are just less evil than the republicans.
Biggest issue to me is those ****** of the current administration should be hunted down and convicted for all their horrible lies, mismanagement and crimes.

Either way the next president has a lot of mess to clean..
jmi256
You're entitled to your opinion. That's what makes the US the US.

I just happen to disagree, however.
Moonspider
DinoBob wrote:
but I feel safe in saying that if your biggest issue politically in a presidential election, especially after the last near-decade of American decline, is whether or not you can impose your own set-belief, about one subject, on someone else making a personal and private decision in their own life, your priorities are somewhat out of place.

To their defense, if their "own set-belief" is that aborting a fetus is no different than first degree murder, could you not understand why they would feel it to be a very important issue? I don't know the statistics, but I'm sure the number of abortions each year exceeds what many people would call "genocide" if an equal number of adults were killed.

Respectfully,
M
DinoBob
Moonspider wrote:
To their defense, if their "own set-belief" is that aborting a fetus is no different than first degree murder, could you not understand why they would feel it to be a very important issue? I don't know the statistics, but I'm sure the number of abortions each year exceeds what many people would call "genocide" if an equal number of adults were killed.

Respectfully,
M

If one thought that aborting a fetus was no different than first degree murder, how could it not be an important issue for them? I understand that there exists a moral and ethical-however you'd like to try and measure it, difference here. And I admit that we all have a duty to do what we think is right. I believe firmly that we do. So I don't discount that side of it. I just don't see, (and I did say "and it's only my opinion") how that is the most important issue facing our society as a whole. In my own opinion, the Presidency is an office and movement with far greater reach than any of us can afford to elect someone to based on such a particular and dividing matter.

If we're getting into abortion, I'll just share what my own thought on the matter is in a tiny nutshell, so that it doesn't hijack the thread Razz: The vast and overwhelming majority of people don't like abortion; neither as a concept or practice in reality. The real line doesn't even get drawn where someone finds their own personal belief of whether it's morally heinous or not, but rather whether it's an issue that's best left to the government to demand of the population, or the individual to decide for their own life, and that of his or her family. The real dispute over abortion honestly never arises from that of a true medical or scientific perspective, but that of a religious one.-Which again, is fine. Except that frankly, religion *is* supposed to be a respected common-ground where a person is entitled to their own specific views and beliefs, and to live them out without intervention from the government. Only if someone's right to life is violated or threatened is the government to step-in to protect it's citizens. Aha! ... But actually there simply is no measurable and agreeable answer on when consciousness or "life" begins. It's hard enough for us to answer the question of when consciousness or "life" ends.

But back to your comparison. It is comparative to genocide.. Depending on the perspective of the individual and when they believe life *starts*. Though I think it's definitely a shame whether it's one or vastly more (personally, but I'm trying not to really go there).

The thing that caught my attention, and what I said right before your quote, was that I just don't see how it's the largest or most important problem our country has at the moment.. Over education, health-care, the strength of our communities and the ability of their people to take care of the each other. That's all. Shouldn't we be voting on the things that most effect us all? That was the only thing I meant to point out.
Silk2008
They are both puppets being held up by the same man! The current crash in the market was purposely engineered by the banking elite to get the American people to beg for some kind of solution, which happened. What did we get? Another step twards a global currency run by private global banks(U.S. taking ownership in banks, which both Obama and McCain voted for). Read InfoWars.com and learn what is happening right in front of you. You owe it to yourself, your family, and the future of this great country! Don't be another cow with your head stuck in the butt of the cow in front of you while your herded into the slaughter house. Arm yourself with knowledge of history and know that it does repeat itself. No-one ever said that being a patriot means that you trust and love the current gvernment. It just means that you believe in the constitution and know that the men who set this country up knew exactly what they were doing, and were genious. Before you even reply accusing me of being a conspiracy theorist, do your homework! Research the Federal Reserve system, and fiat currency.
Google the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" and learn how the U.S. staged an attack on Navy warships to get the American people behind a war in Viet Nam. Now think about 9/11 and the war in Iraq! Wake up people! Do some freaking homework and take back this country! Vote Nader/Gonzalez!!!
accountgog
dont know
liljp617
accountgog wrote:
dont know

Probably a bad idea to spam.
flyfamilyguy
bes4360 wrote:
Who do you plan on voting for in the upcoming elections?

Obama Rocks!!