FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Barack Obama vs John McCain

Who do you think will win the US Election?
Barack Obama
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
John McCain
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Not Sure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Battle_Off
Who do you think will win the US election and why?

Im am really not sure who will win. I am slightly tipping Obama, but the polls are very close.

Obama is a really bad speaker 'off the cuff' and wants to 'cleanse' the white house.
McCain is an old guy who might die before his term in office.

I also think that about 40% of eligible voters will vote because:

People don't see the Obama and Bidan option as very attractive
People don't see the McCain and Palen option as very attractive either, so people just won't vote.
jmi256
can one be closed?
ganesh
I guess Frihosters want Obama to win!

Personally, I have heard that people at the start of their careers / students are mostly Democrats, while those who are well settled and earning lots of money are Republicans. Makes sense, since the Republicans are known not to tax the rich too much! What do fellow Frihosters think?
pashmina
Barack Obama for sure, he has got 6-8% lead in most of the polls.
bonusbux
Even though I don't vote, I like Obama much more.
Maybe it is because I like the idea of a change, and because I don't like McCain, the typical old republican guy, very old fashioned and NRA member. But I still like many of his beliefs, like no aborption and no gay marriage. I support him on that.
Alaskacameradude
I vote and I will be voting for McCain. Obama represents values that I don't like and
McCain represents more of the values I hold myself, that's the reason. It's NOT because I am
racist or anything like that, I just don't believe in things like abortion at any time for any reason,
gun control, higher spending on government programs (we are already running a deficit here),
forcing people to buy health care (newsflash, I don't have healthcare for my kids because I CAN'T
AFFORD IT OBAMA!!! Forcing me to buy it is NOT going to help my financial situation). I also think
that despite his claim, that Obama will end up raising taxes on more than just the wealthy.
To be fair, I don't especially like McCain, but I like him better than Obama. Why do we have
to go with choice (a) or (b) anyways, what about (c) none of the above??
liljp617
bonusbux wrote:
Even though I don't vote, I like Obama much more.
Maybe it is because I like the idea of a change, and because I don't like McCain, the typical old republican guy, very old fashioned and NRA member. But I still like many of his beliefs, like no aborption and no gay marriage. I support him on that.

No candidate is for gay marriage. Both candidates are supportive of civil unions and allowing legitimate homosexual couples to have the same rights as heterosexual couples.
TomGrey
Don't be silly about gay marriage -- if Obama is elected he will appoint US Supreme Court Justices who will 'find' out that gays have a Constitutional right to marriage -- just as it was judges, not lawmakers, who created the Roe v. Wade 'amendment'. He's being untrue when he says he's against gay marriage.

Obama will either have a war with Iran, or Iran will get a nuke. No words from Obama will stop them from getting a nuke, so action will be needed. Will we really go to war to stop Iran? Under Obama, I don't know. Under McCain, yes. With McCain, Iran will look for the line, and then stop. Not under Obama.

Obama will raise taxes (wrong thing to do in general, terrible in a recession).
McCain will try to lower gov't spending (good thing to do in general, not so good in recession).
But Pres. McCain is unlikely to really lower spending, while a Pres. Obama is quite likely to raise taxes.

I like McCain, and will vote for him. But I fear Obama will win, because when he falsely says the financial crisis is because of the Free Market, McCain failed to point out it was because of Government Supported Enterprises (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac), not the Free Market.
liljp617
You're a very good psychic -.-

Razz Always enjoy people who know the candidate's stances on the issues better than the candidates themselves.

He's said very clearly, numerous times that "gay marriage" should be left up to the churches. Both candidates have said very clearly, numerous times that civil unions and the same rights (contracts etc.) given to heterosexual couples should be given to legitimate homosexual couples.
truespeed
McCain the "maverick",is this really a good thing to be in the most powerful job in the world?
jmi256
pashmina wrote:
Barack Obama for sure, he has got 6-8% lead in most of the polls.

I really hope you're not saying you're going to vote for Obama because he's ahead in the polls. First of all, I'd suggest looking at the positions each candidate takes on each issue and figure out which one aligns better with your own beliefs. Second of all, polls can be misleading.

In the end I'm voting for McCain, but I rather you vote for Obama based on the issues than vote for McCain based on something like how the polls are predicting.
kirii
Both candidates for sure better than Josh Bush..
For me,I would prefer Obama..
He is now leading McCain,hopefully he will be the president
Very Happy
liljp617
Who's Josh Bush?
kirii
liljp617 wrote:
Who's Josh Bush?

He is president of US currently.. Smile
liljp617
I can assure you he's not.

Razz I'm always worried about people who want to put their opinion in the mix when they really don't have the slightest clue what's going on. But meh...
Bikerman
The only Josh(ua) Bush I have come across recently would be:
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48370.asp