FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Page Rank???

truespeed
I recently had a page rank of 1,and today i check it,and its back down to zero.

The highest my site has ever been in page rank is 2,so how can a site that is up in traffic go down in page rank?

According to statcounter for the month of august i got..(this is only for my gallery,my blog and forum traffic isn't included as i don't have stat code on those pages.)

Page loads = 413,499
Unique Visitors = 69,919

This month so far it stands at ..

Page loads = 409,767
Unique Visitors = 76,986

8 months ago these figures were half what they are now and my page rank then was 2,so whats going on?
Peterssidan
PageRank is only about links. If you losing links your PageRank will decrease. Pagerank is far from the only thing that Google use to rank your site so it's not a big concern.
truespeed
I think i know what happened,i had another site that had links to my site on it,which i removed the other day,seems a bit harsh to downgrade my site because one site stops linking to it though.
distantship
truespeed wrote:
I recently had a page rank of 1,and today i check it,and its back down to zero.

The highest my site has ever been in page rank is 2,so how can a site that is up in traffic go down in page rank?

According to statcounter for the month of august i got..(this is only for my gallery,my blog and forum traffic isn't included as i don't have stat code on those pages.)

Page loads = 413,499
Unique Visitors = 69,919

This month so far it stands at ..

Page loads = 409,767
Unique Visitors = 76,986

8 months ago these figures were half what they are now and my page rank then was 2,so whats going on?

In my experience, pagerank actully has nothing to do with traffic, only quality backlinks, related backlinks, domain age and content take important roles in google PR. However, I won't delay that traffic may have a little effect on pr too, just really minor....just my opinion though.
prcys
As page rank shows reputation and reputation is depend on content or information on site and also keywords and on links come to your site. Check links come to your site , choose keywords as by observing people's demand , and provide information which people require and information should be unique and useful.