FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[RESOLVED] Invision Power board...

Reiji
Hello, my brother gave me a license for an invision power board, i wish to know if I can install it on my account (it wonīt be an unlicensed board)...

Is there any objection?
Daniel15
No paid forums are allowed on FriHost.

See the Terms of Service (which you agreed to when you got your hosting:

Quote:

A) The following is strictly forbidden on our servers
6. Warez, mp3's, vBulletin/IPB forums and all other illegal files.

This is due to the number of nullified/illegal copies of these forums which have been found on FriHost

Just use a free forum, such as SMF (http://www.simplemachines.org/)
Reiji
All right then, thanks anyway...Iīm going to delete the forums I already installed...

Sorry about the inconveniences.
Devil
Reiji wrote:
All right then, thanks anyway...Iīm going to delete the forums I already installed...

Sorry about the inconveniences.

@daniel15 please dont mislead people ,

if he has the legal version and bought the license for the board , he can install it on this server , he only has to contact the admin before doing so
Bondings
Yeah, if you can proove me/show me that you have a valid license, then it's ok. But I really need to be 100% sure of it.
n0obie4life
Daniel15 please do not mislead people. The ToS states that if its illegal. He has an licence.

Bondings, I think you can PM IPB to check if its a valid licence?
Bondings
n0obie4life wrote:
Daniel15 please do not mislead people. The ToS states that if its illegal. He has an licence.

Bondings, I think you can PM IPB to check if its a valid licence?

Actually I removed the illegal in the TOS. This means that if I find an vBulletin or IPB I don't have to search for a "nullified section", I just remove it.

Of course I will make an exception if you can really prove that the license is valid. If you aren't able to prove it, then you aren't allowed to host it, sorry.
budazz
i think smf is a good mboard...just customized and i think there is no problem with that..ive installed it once..and i find it great..but i dont need it right now so i uninstalled it...but it is a great...mboard Very Happy
Reiji
Bondings wrote:
Of course I will make an exception if you can really prove that the license is valid. If you aren't able to prove it, then you aren't allowed to host it, sorry.

Donīt worry, i gave the license back to my brother and he installed the board on his site already...i think iīll just keep using SMF...

But donīt think that i didnīt have a license...its just that i couldnīt (neither) find the converter from SMF to IPB...its just that, and if i canīt install it on Frihost, then i just un-installed it...my brother can make a better use for it. ^^

Thanks anyway!
yupeng
If you have lisence,i think that you can install it.
But ,before you install it,you shoul insure that your lisence is not illegle
Rimfire
IPB 1.3 and earlier were all free versions. Would those be allowed?
Bondings
Rimfire wrote:
IPB 1.3 and earlier were all free versions. Would those be allowed?

No. I can make an exception if the board was installed before I put it in the tos, I mean a few months ago, but new installs are not allowed anymore unless you show me the license before installing it.
Rimfire
But what I meant was that you dont need a license for IPB versions 1.3 and earlier. They were all freeware up till then.
Bondings
Rimfire wrote:
But what I meant was that you dont need a license for IPB versions 1.3 and earlier. They were all freeware up till then.

Well, it's not allowed. Please use phpBB, smf or another free board. There are plenty of them!
Rimfire
Don't worry I am more comfortable with phpBB anyways if I was to install a forum script. I was just discussing.
orno
this issue is resolved i think

Don't use IPB or vBulletin or any other paid forums unless you have a valid license: one that you can show to Bondings to prove that it is indeed legal...

Free recommended alternatives are phpBB and SMF.

Please refer to the FAQ for further information

-close-