FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

have you ever heard EFI ?

tadssa
Extensible Firmware Interface , is designed to be an update to the current BIOS technology that is now over 20 years old. using this thecnology the OS is independent from the Hardwares , Mac , Pc & AMD will run Windows , MacOS , Unix or linux .
hunnyhiteshseth
Ofcourse i have heard about it. More than update for old BIOS, i think its designed to make upgrading BIOS easier in new motherboards.
tadssa
that's right !! MSI will start to phase EFI into its next generation motherboard platform, and will allow much easier accessibility of motherboard BIOS systems. The ability to use a GUI and mouse can only encourage users to attempt to unlock the full potential of today's modern motherboards. Even at this early beta stage we have seen excellent OC potential using current generation of MSI motherboards
swizzy
yea, I heard about it when i tried to modify my BIOS (actually EFI) settings on my macbook, somehow i still dont understand, in BIOS i could choose various options for booting/etc. Is EFI similar to this, or what (EFI Shell confuses me into this skepticism...)
tadssa
sorry , not exactly !!
Studio Madcrow
It's been the only difference between Macs and PCs ever since Macs moved to Intel. I do wonder if when PC mobos start shipping with EFI, if they'll run OS X "out of the box" or if the Mac implementation is a bit different...