FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


SMTP





jovemac
Dear all!

I am learning php. I just tried installing php, apache, mysql, phpmyadmin. When i installed wordpress, and created a user, it said...

warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini

Please advise.
Jo.
rvec
ini php.ini you have to add a variable to set the mail address where mail should be send from.
I think you have to add this line to php.ini (or uncomment it)

sendmail_from = me@example.com
jovemac
Thanks for your reply. I enabled as you said. And getting this error message...

warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini

Please advise.
Jo
mathiaus
It is trying to use your computer as a SMTP server which by default it won't be able to do. You can either configure PHP to use another server, or setup your computer to send SMTP messages by installing a program such as Postcast server (free edition).
bernardnapoleon
mathiaus wrote:
It is trying to use your computer as a SMTP server which by default it won't be able to do. You can either configure PHP to use another server, or setup your computer to send SMTP messages by installing a program such as Postcast server (free edition).


he is right... i have a question though... if i use may computer as an SMTP server is there a way for me to send mail from my computer to another mail server like Yahoo Mail, Hotmail and the likes?
kv
bernardnapoleon wrote:


he is right... i have a question though... if i use may computer as an SMTP server is there a way for me to send mail from my computer to another mail server like Yahoo Mail, Hotmail and the likes?


Yes, of course. That is what a smtp server is supposed to do -- send mails Smile
badai
you might have porblem using your computer as SMTP because most host will treat e-mail from dynamic IP as spam.

you might want to use PHPMailer (http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/) to relay your e-mail via your ISP. if you have gmail, you can also relay it via gmail.
bernardnapoleon
badai wrote:
you might have porblem using your computer as SMTP because most host will treat e-mail from dynamic IP as spam.

you might want to use PHPMailer (http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/) to relay your e-mail via your ISP. if you have gmail, you can also relay it via gmail.


ahh ic... thanks for the great info... i remember that.
Related topics
Does Frihost's SMTP server require login and password?
SMTP problem
Obsluga SMTP?
smtp without authentication
SMTP Errors
SMTP Help
SMTP on ?
SMTP, DB, & Hosting Domain Qs
SMTP Busted
frihost SMTP problem..
Mail() function and SMTP
Unable to send email trough SMTP
help - XAMPP. Servidor smtp
SMTP error
SMTP Server
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Scripting -> Php and MySQL

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.