FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crazy Idea #847

Do you like the current home page?
No
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
No Answer; I Don't Wanna Get Shot.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Why Is This Option Even Here?
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Antwon
The home page of FriHost is bland. Someone had to say it. Have a contest to design a better home page! Yay!

~Antwon
Bondings
Antwon wrote:
The home page of FriHost is bland. Someone had to say it. Have a contest to design a better home page! Yay!

~Antwon

A lot of people actually like it. It is much better than the previous one and at least not a flashy clone of another webhosting website. I know it's not perfect and it lacks colors.
babumuchhala
The current one was appreciated bcos its a 1000 times better than the old one

Now maybe u need to change the colours & brighten it up a bit Smile
n0obie4life
He prolly hasn't seen the old homepage..
Bondings
I will work on the home page, but I have other more important things to do at the moment.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
I will work on the home page, but I have other more important things to do at the moment.

Bondings teh busy alien Smile

[edit] changed man to alien
drandyy
i like it, its easy to navigate
dan751
Let's face it, I never saw the first version of the homepage, however, I have nothing against the new homepage, in fact, I'd rather it not be flashy, because usually flashy means there's a hidden catch. I have to say, the homepage is quite fine the way it is.
Monkeydog
I forgot there was a home page my bookmark just takes me directly to the forum >.>
nik
the home page is not supposed to be very good. it contain some information and link to forum nothing else needed. i think it's just fine.
merlik
I know I'm new hear, but I just think it could look a little more professional.
Antwon
I never saw the old home page. But it doesn't matter now. I'm saying if theres gunna be a new home page, then there should be one navigation side (left), one info place (center), and one ad place (right).

And the picture of FriHost could use some color. At least, a colorful background.

It would be more attractive to guests, cause believe me, some people like seeing organization and colors on web applications and such.

~Antwon
orno
i think the fact that you get FREE webhosting here is attractive enough...Don't need anything more professional...atleast not until Bondings comes out with Paid Hosting, in which case I agree, a more professional homepage is in order...

besides, you could always come out with a layout or new logo or whatever yourself...if its really that good, i don't see why Bondings won't use it as the new logo or layout
Jack_Hammer
When I first saw the homepage I did think it was very bland, ( I don't trust things that don't look proffesional because they usually arn't) so I did doubt Frihost, but then admitidly I havent seen the old homepage.
mOrpheuS
Jack_Hammer wrote:
When I first saw the homepage I did think it was very bland, ( I don't trust things that don't look proffesional because they usually arn't) so I did doubt Frihost, but then admitidly I havent seen the old homepage.

Well, "bland" doesn't have to mean dysfunctional.
I for one would not like it if FRIHost homepage was made out of one of those webhost site flash templates.

Big flash banner on top (pics of "cool" computer cases with flashy things floating around and fireworks shooting out from places at random)
Blue & orange all over the page.
Standard links to home, services, plans etc on the left and top nav (with "cool" hover effects) and these links actually make sounds when you hover over them !
square blocks describing the different hosting plans arranged in the middle of the page. (each plan has a differently coloured/different images of computer case)

If "bland" serves the purpose, then I'll have to say that "bland" is just fine.
Hacusr386
A plain homepage... Good enough. does not need to be changed.
BlackSkad
A little note about the user-comments on the home-page: the font is to big and the text doesn't fit the box anymore. Maybe just adapt it Smile

I haven't seen the previous one, but this one looks nice, imho.
Jeff_vella_leone
i personally think that who joins frihost it doesnt matter for him the logo the colour but just the forum that works well and organised easy to use and oviosly the fee host nothig else
the rest r just for fu to make ppl do something to make the forum nice
wont make any attraction
im the first that wont join a forum only because it is attractive
it helps only if it would be a kid but soon will get bored of it too
ty for listening
Antwon
1... 2... 3...

1. Good Logo. [1 - 10] = 5

2. Good Pages. [1 - 10] = 6

3. Good Cause. [1 - 10] = 10

Your almost there Bondings!