FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Verify CO.NR domains on Google

romania
Hi! I have an problem, i have an very nice domain name at co.nr, but the google cant verify my website! It`s on the search items, it`s working well... I uploaded the file and the url is correct, but still nothing.
The meta tag is not working, but i understand this one because is an frame in there, but the url suposed to work, right?

What to do?
Peterssidan
You don't say what kind of verification this is but I guess it's for the webmaster tools. You have to use your real URL because it's where your content is.
richard270384
My experience with CO.NR domains is that they suck.

They look good because they look so similar to a .co.uk domain but they are no good if you want to build a respectable site. If you need a free domain, you are better off with dotTK.

DotTK domains work more like a real domain, so you can still all the normal things (like use google analytics.)

With co.nr domains, you cant see where your traffic is coming from, because your referer will always be your co.nr domain name.
inphurno
there is also the co.cc domain which is not bad. its free and works like a completely normal domain. i made the mistake of using the a co.nr domain at the begining of my site so try to avoid this...
richard270384
I agree... co.cc domains are better too.
the-guide
Yes, CO.CC is better it's free domain name with fully DNS service but CO.NR is only free URL redirection or path forwarding it's not real domain name on your hosting.