FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unusual Analytics Data

shkhanal
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed totally unusual search volume from

images.google.com (referral)
google.com (referral)
images.google.co.uk (referral)

I don't know what that referral mean for google.com. Around 3, 4 hundred of visits were counted from each of those sources. And after a few days my site was hacked and I had to reconstruct the site to stand which is yet not been complete.

Today again, I saw similar search volume from the same sources. Could anybody help me please, what is this and is it the symptom of my site going to be hacked again? Can I protect my site in any ways? I'm using Joomla 1.5.6 for my site now.

Your suggestions and help is needed. I'm scared again. Please.

Thank you.
RiCtee
You certainly should consider upgrading as soon as possible to Joomla 1.5.7. No, I should say you MUST immediately upgrade if you care about your site. There is a critical security vulnerability with 1.5.6 that will let someone gain access to your backend. So upgrade and save yourself some trouble.
shkhanal
Can I use same database if I install 1.5.7? Or I need to install patch?
RiCtee
Upgrading doesn't affect your database. Just download your relevant upgrade package here (most likely "Joomla_1.5.6_to_1.5.7-Stable-Patch_Package.tar.gz" would be good), upload it to your web server, and extract it there to your Joomla installation folder. It's just as easy as that.
shkhanal
Thank you very much. I'm doing it now.