FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you personally know a celebrity?

goutha
I’ve seen a post entitled “Do you know anybody who is similar to some celebrity?” and I think that the real question is Do you personally know a celebrity?

If yes, who is this celebrity? And how come do you know each other?
Question
crdowner
How do you define "celebrity"? Are you referring to movie and/or TV stars? Are you referring to politicians? Or, are you including both groups?
goutha
crdowner wrote:
How do you define "celebrity"? Are you referring to movie and/or TV stars? Are you referring to politicians? Or, are you including both groups?

For me both groups are celebrities. A celebrity is a person that is recognized by people when walking out in the street.
_AVG_
Well, my sister is in the film business but she isn't exactly a celebrity ... she's an AD.
ftv_flung
I met the Cheeky Girls at the Millenium Dome at Winter Wonderland hahaa... I was with some mates, and we just saw them and thought "what the hell?" and got a picture with them. They were about to jump the queue for a rollercoaster. They were also with their bodyguards too...

I also met Trevor Baylis, the inventor of the Clockwork Radio at "Tomorrow's World" in Earls Court many years ago.... must've been early 2000s haaha
brainxdead
apparently howie day is my cousin... but i've never met him.. haha
bloodrider
Has I'm a musician I had interacted with some celebrities of my country but it isn't like I know them.
Let's see if some "frihoster" know some famous people Wink
jurl
unfortunately no....
I know frieds that know frieds that know celebrities LOL Laughing
standready
Yes! I respect the privacy of all my friends so I won't name names.
houdney
I guess you're probably not going to get lots of people saying they do know a celebrity, but you'll get tons more saying they saw one once. I saw Billy Connolly in my local chip shop in Scotland.

You may also get a lot of psychopaths for this post.
goutha
standready wrote:
Yes! I respect the privacy of all my friends so I won't name names.

Laughing That's really funny !

I already met few local celebrities.

But I met a real american movies celebrity, but I can't remember his name Smile He's not a Super Star, but I'm sure that all of us know him. He's an old guy with a white moustache a bit fat and always playing the role of a sherrif Smile
bes4360
I am related to a celebrity. Famous gangster Al Capone is my Great-Great Uncle. You may not know him but he terrorized Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan for years.
Magicman
I'm related to an actor and a fairly well known college basketball player (depends who you ask if she's a celebrity or not). Other than that I do not think I know any other celebrities.
goutha
bes4360 wrote:
I am related to a celebrity. Famous gangster Al Capone is my Great-Great Uncle. You may not know him but he terrorized Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan for years.

Wow, al capone... his nickname is Scarface, and he was an Italian American gangster...

I think that he his one of the most dangerous criminal in the history of the US. Ok, he is famous, but not for a good reason Smile
tony
Ben Gibbard from The Postal Service and Death Cab. He is a not-so-distant relative.
PatTheGreat42
I know me, and by golly, I think I'm downright amazing.
petecnmi
Hi,

I have met some, have pictures together with some, but they have been fleeting instances, and I am 100% positive none of them remember ever meeting me Smile Some of the ones I have shook hands with, got a kiss on the cheek from, (you guess who did which), are:

Arnold Schwarzenegger (before he moved to Hollywood)
Evander Holyfield
Andy Young (former UN ambassador for the US)
Senator Edward Kennedy
Rep. Jack Kemp
Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson
Sen Sam Nunn
GA Governor Joe Frank Harris
Elizabeth Montgomery
UK Prince Philip

Pete
PennyLane
my cousin dated this guy from dEUS, he still accompanies her to some family related parties...
And I'm related to Eddy Merckx, but he's a very distant relative Smile
Zombie
I don't think ive met anyone extremely famous... I'm from a small town and famous people dont come through often. However, I think the prince of some country ate at our restaurant about a month ago.
hlavco
Christopher Reeve had a summer cabin thing next door to our old house. He'd only come up once or twice a year, and my mom said he was a jerk.
gtherockgod
I've met all kinds of members from a whole bunch of famous bands, but I cant say that I know any of them personally.
Battle_Off
Ive met quite a few celebrities.

The Spoonman - Triplem radio talker

Garfield - Triplem radio talker

Odie - Triplem radio talker

Anthony Keides - The Red hot chili peppers

Meatloaf - Meatloaf

The Hooters Girls

Thats about it
gugusm
Only Polish celebrities Wink
goutha
I met Mickey Mouse in Magic Kingdom, Fl. Does it count??? I think so. He is more famous than at least half of those famous people that you met guys Smile
RosenCruz
i dont actually..and it does not make me excited to know or meet one ..
SlideR.nl
You really wanna know?

Moderator: nobody wants to know about your genitals, mister.
ciureanuc
I was filming with Right Said Fred (I had a very a small role in a commercial) and I know some local celebrities (I bet you never heard about them). Smile
goutha
Then you are a celebrity yourself!!! wow! Smile
thadnation
Well, one time I talked to Ron Dane (sp) and there was this other time I met Ken longquist, but he's more of a regional celeb
winmark
Yes, a local film hero lives near to my house. Though our communication is limited to just hello hi.
[FuN]goku
Well.. they're not famous famous celebs... but
alot of bands play around here from all over the place.
I usually end up talking to alot of them and stuff.. Thats about it tho.
chi0
In South Africa I'm friends with a whole bunch of celebs that no one out of the country has ever heard of. Razz

Right now I'm dating the brother of an insanely famous Japanese actor/singer. I'm not allowed to tell most people I know what his surname is because of the amount of insanity over this guy. I feel kinda sorry for the guy I'm dating, because with loads of things he does, people either assume he must be like his brother, are disappointed because he's not at all like his brother, or use him to meet or get closer to the brother. Sad
nosnhoj909
My father is one of canada's greatst photographers, chris johnson.
goutha
nosnhoj909 wrote:
My father is one of canada's greatst photographers, chris johnson.

I googled your father's name, but nothing about him on the web...