FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bluetooth to a phone from a computer?

KHO
I want to access my mobile phone with bluetooth from my nokian800 internet tablet or from a regular ol laptop. I was wondering if anyone had any success with this.
crdowner
I have never done it but I know it is possible. The bluetooth versions supported by your phone and tablet/laptop must be compatible though.
KHO
When you say bluetooth version, is that a hardware or software difference? If it is software then I can almost guaranteed perform this operation in linux, hardware maybe a bit of trouble but I think that the operation should be capable.
aningbo
what is nokian800 internet tablet?

anyways i have always been connecting PCs with my mobile phone using a USB dongle. i never face any problem. most laptops have bluetooth and so transfering files should not be a problem. i'm unable to get what u r tryin to say!
psycosquirrel
I've connected by Nokia 770 through bluetooth to my laptop to have the laptop act as a gateway before. It is very possible... Look in the manual...
mshafiq
Although I never connected Nokia to my laptop. I did connect htc maple phone to transfer data/files.
I also used bluetooth headset to listen music or to watch video files.
I used blue Soleil named driver application came with bluetooth dongle.

However I am facing another issue in Windows 7. When I connect bluetooth headset, I have to manually tel windows to use bluetooth audio device as default to listen the played stuff.
And when I remove the bluetooth I have to set those settings back to use builtin hardware in laptop.
This was not an issue in Windows XP.
One more problem is getting the bluetooth headset connected. One I disconnect it, I need to connect it manually ie by double clicking the bluetooth icon in Blue Soliel application. Again it was automatic in Windows XP.
Is there anyone who faced this issue and found any solution.
Here is more data about blue tooth Dongle. Printed text is 'Bluetooth EDR 2.0' and color of bluetooth dongle is black. Its size is about two inches.
socials
If your computer has Bluetooth card, just find the program on the computer. Also if you don not have a Bluetooth card, you can but an adapter. Really cheap. I got one just for 5$.
neelgo
KHO wrote:
I want to access my mobile phone with bluetooth from my nokian800 internet tablet or from a regular ol laptop. I was wondering if anyone had any success with this.

Hi KHO!

I have done it several times.
so all you need is
1. Nokia pc suite software ONLY compatible with you phone (Freely available at nokia site).
2. bluetooth reciever/radio if using on pc (no need of this on laptops it is inbuilt).

then setup & get connected. Very Happy Smile Cool Idea
nickfrost
First of all you have to buy a bluetooth device for your computer.It is a hardware.
After that install its drivers, after that you can easily connect your phone to your pc with a bluetooth.
FunDa
KHO wrote:

If its a regular laptop with inbuilt bluetooth, its very very simple.

Turn on bluetooth on for phone and laptop(some laptops have a physical button, other have Function-F5 or something, other have an icon on taskbar to right-click and turn Bluetooth adapter on')

Right click a file and 'send by'-'bluetooth'.

Find and select your mobile from the list of detected devices.

File sent.

Note that phone's bluetooth should be turned on and VISIBLE.
Bluetooth visibility settings are there in the settings- bluetooth page.