FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 2 Super High Load and DNS down

silverdown
Server 2 is having high load for some reason and the DNS seems to be down.
Bondings
It should be fixed now. My apologies for the problems.
Bondings
The problem was apparently due to a DOS attack.
Diablosblizz
They still seem to be happening, although the HTTP doesn't seem slow at all. Weird.
rebeltrooper
now server 2 is down Crying or Very sad
silverdown
Thanks Bondings, the average load is not in the 100's anymore and working great!
loyal
Peace.

I'd just like to confirm server 2 actually being down. Specifically (apache) HTTP is down "110 - connection timed out".

Hope it's resolved soon.
Thanks in advance. Smile
raine dragon
DOS attack? ouch. That absolutely sucks. Is there anything that can be done to keep the attackers at bay?
dude_xyx
Its still down. hope it will be fixed soon.
the-guide
I'm waiting too, hope it's fixed soon.

Thanks in advance.
loyal
Peace.

Apache HTTP is now working, but there is heavy load on the server.
the-guide
It's O.K.

Thanks very much.
raine dragon
...and we are down again. >.<

Jeeze, but those load averages were insane! Poor server *pets it*
Bondings
Yes it happened again. I hope this was the last time.
rebeltrooper
you can do it bondings!!!

thanks in advance Very Happy
raine dragon
Thank you so much for getting this resolved so quickly, I really, really appreciate it. ^___^ <3

I really wish people would just grow up and find better ways of expressing their opinions than DoS attacking a site. x_x
SoutlinK
THe server 2 its getting super loaded again.

My forum its disabled all the time, because the server processor its about 90% of his use.

I guess you can fix it soon.
Bondings
There are still some problems (high load), but it seems to be better now. At least the websites seem to be working for me most of the time.
SirDuncan
the force be with you bondings...

thanks for all..
rebeltrooper
the high load is still bondings, is under attack again??

hope fix soon, cheers !
SirDuncan
load average is decreasing now, the server is responding better...
Laughing
Aredon
down again Sad
jylan
My websites are down too. Is it still the DOS attack that is causing this? People who do that are such idiots Evil or Very Mad .
raine dragon
Looks like FTP and Apache are both down again Sad
SirDuncan
now it is working fine...
Fire Boar
Yep - load has returned to normal so I think the DoS attack has stopped.
Bondings
There were quite a few problems today. My apologies. The load is back to normal now, so I hope it's finally finished.
SirDuncan
thanx a lot bondings
the-guide
Great work! Very fast solve... and that why I love and trust Frihost.

Appreciate and thanks you very much again "Bondings".

Regards.

Very Happy
jylan
Yes thankyou Bondings for getting it all up and running again.
hunnyhiteshseth
Just to add my little suggestion:

Cant we block those ip address ranges which are doing the DoS Attack. I mean something which will drop there packet at main router itself. I think some sort of 'access-list' to block those ip ranges.
Fire Boar
Problem with that. It's probably sent from all over the place, not just certain ranges. Also some of them might be completely innocent, but have contracted a virus that allows the virus maker to force the infected computer to DoS attack some website or other.
hunnyhiteshseth
Quote:

Problem with that. It's probably sent from all over the place, not just certain ranges. Also some of them might be completely innocent, but have contracted a virus that allows the virus maker to force the infected computer to DoS attack some website or other.

I think if it is not from a fixed range then it is DDoS(Distributed DoS) attack. But we can just try to see a pattern.
Also, number of actual innocent users infected by virus should be very less. We can post an Announcement of sort before implementing access-list so that those who are affected will obviously know they have got a virus. After cleaning the virus, they can request on another page or through another site for unblocking. What do you think?
driftingfe3s
Its kinda miss and hit whether or not you're able to reach the websites on server 2 right now. And even when it does load it takes a while. Hopefully it will have been resolved by the morning.
jylan
Exactly the same wth. Except the problem only seems to be affecting MySQL at the moment - my Wordpress blogs are down but my static websites are up. I really hope that this attack, or problem, is stopped soon.
jackill
Agree, mine WP site still down Sad Can't connect to DB. Pliz fix it soon.
jylan
The MySQL connections seem to be working now, check http://frihost-server-status.us.to/. When Mysql is down there is an error of some sort on there. There is still a large delay before I can get through my blogs though Sad .
jackill
Mine (see sign) is working now... In addition newest post, which I wasn't sure is posted is ok Smile

EDIT: Not working again... Still waitnig for fix
bulek
My website is just not responding Sad
SirDuncan
It is still down... Sad
rebeltrooper
this problem have a week of time, can the admins banned the hackers??
Aredon
so MySQL is still having pretty big issues, any word on whether or not this is related to the DOS attacks? Or is this a new instability entirely?
the-guide
At this time, MySQL still not work, I cannot access MySQL DB and all of dynamic pages are failed to load, now only the static pages work. Hope it will fixed soon.

Thanks in advance again.

EDIT: Oh! It's seem O.K. now, it come back again, Thanks.

EDIT 2: But slightly UNSTABLE! now.
Aredon
the-guide wrote:
At this time, MySQL still not work, I cannot access MySQL DB and all of dynamic pages are failed to load, now only the static pages work. Hope it will fixed soon.

Thanks in advance again.

EDIT: Oh! It's seem O.K. now, it come back again, Thanks.

EDIT 2: But slightly UNSTABLE! now.

actualy its been up and down for a couple days. It has good times for anywhere from 5min to a couple hours and then you get the too many connections error. At first I thought it was something with my database but then I tried to get into MySQL through direct admin and got the same erorr. I also got the error when trying to get into phpmyadmin. Also a lot of other people are getting the too many connections error. So I'm going to assume its not a problem with just my database Razz. I haven't had the error yet today, but I'll admit that I haven't been working on my site much. However, I would like to hear some sort of update as to what is going on. Mostly because im curious.
the-guide
O.K. I've tested for an hour and just now able to post new article to my blog and hope it will continually stable, but now it down again.

I don't know exactly what's happen to our server, however, I know you've tried and trying and spent a lot of time fixing it "Bondings", thanks very much and remember that you never walk alone.
frenz
Bondings wrote:
The problem was apparently due to a DOS attack.

oh no the server 2 is being attack from where & what country of attacker bro? Question