FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hackintosh

creativfrequenci
Hi guys.. have u ever tried installing a mac os [tiger or leopard] in a pc [intel or amd machine]?
FunDa
I've seen articles in www,lifehacker.com about how to do it. But I've never even touched a Macintosh. Coz there are none around my place.

Try searching instructables.com too. You'll find tutorials on how to make your Hackintosh.
psycosquirrel
It is technically illegal.

It is not too difficult if you have a modern (Core 2 Duo) system with an Intel board and NVIDIA graphics. Try to get a motherboard with a common chipset, and you'll be all set.

The legal constraint is based on the licensing. Even if you purchase a copy of Tiger or Leopard, the license is only valid on certified Apple hardware... Therefore, your homebrew Mac is illegal!

But in all reality, they really can't tell.

Hackintoshes are fun, but rather pointless. Why run OSX when you can run Windows XP?
bulek
Of course it's possible and besides, it's very easy. Check out this link: http://dailyapps.net/2007/12/hack-attack-install-leopard-on-your-pc-in-just-one-step/
aningbo
sounds pretty interesting... will love to try it out someday Smile

thanx for the info on mac in core2duo processors... way to go
colosus
I've tried installing osx86 on an AMD computer with no luck. I did however get it running on a dell (intel) based PC. It only took about 2 days before I got bored with it and put Windows back on. I think the problem with AMD PC was the Sata HDD. I got the "waiting on root device" error.
What are the specs of the PC you are thinking of installing on?