FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rating posts and post quality

AFriedman
There's no way to rate the quality of posts and threads, just their length. We can use post quality as part of the algorithm for searches, so that posts and threads that are rated higher can appear closer to the top of someone's search.

We can also let people mark FriHost contributors whose posts they find particularly high quality, so people can look for other posts by that person.

The more types of searches that can be performed on Frihost, the more likely people are to find the information they need.
ocalhoun
Though the staff is worried about such a system being abused, but I think the level of abuse would be quite low, really, especially if having your post highly rated didn't give you extra points.

The only real downside I see is that it would add in a lot of complexity for a relatively small gain.
sonam
I think how this Frihost forum is too common for rating posts. Some special forums are good for ratings but on Frihost I think this is not useful.

Sonam
LostOverThere
ocalhoun wrote:
Though the staff is worried about such a system being abused, but I think the level of abuse would be quite low, really, especially if having your post highly rated didn't give you extra points.

The only real downside I see is that it would add in a lot of complexity for a relatively small gain.

Agreed, I think many people would abuse it. Particularly seeing Frihost has many people with many different views, and some people might downgrade other people's posts merely because they disagree with their opinion presented.