FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with Drupal on Frihost (CleanURLs)

Snizneth
Hi All,

I'm trying to install Drigg, Drupal's Digg clone, and while going through the installation, it looks like I am required to use clean URLs, but I'm quite sure you need a command line (which Frih doesn't offer right)?

Has anyone been able to enable clean URLs on Drupal through Frih Host?

Here is the installation URL for clean URLs: http://drupal.org/node/15365

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Seth
wumingsden
As far as I'm aware a commend line is not needed. Search the forums for mod rewrite and how to go about it, it should be fairly simple.
rvec
you need command line access to enable mod_rewrite. But since that is already enabled here you only have to configure your software (probably just rename a txt file to .htaccess), which can be done over ftp or directadmin.
Snizneth
rvec wrote:
you need command line access to enable mod_rewrite. But since that is already enabled here you only have to configure your software (probably just rename a txt file to .htaccess), which can be done over ftp or directadmin.

Which file needs to be changed? BTW, I am installing the Drigg version. can i just make a file .htaccess in my root folder? Thanks for your help.

Seth
leontius
Frihost supports mod_rewrite - I also use Drupal for my site and the clean URL feature works flawlessly. You should be able to just enable it under "clean URLs" option.
rvec
oh yes forgot that, drupal can just enable the feature. You'll just have to find it in the config.

If that doesn't work try to find a htaccess file and tell us what the exact name of the file is, where it is located and what's in it.