FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Germany Questions anyone?

wetherell
Last year I went I went to Germany while on R&R leave from Iraq rather then come back to the states. I also visited Switzerland and France (Very Briefly). Anyway while in Germany I visited Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich, Garmish, Fussen, Dachau, Nuremburg, Leipzig and Berlin (Along with a host of smaller towns).

If any of you are curious about Germany or have any questions I'd be more then happy to answer them as best I can.
LGCanada
I'm studying financial risk management and I would like to go to Germany to work. can you tell me one thing, do people speak German in the workplace? also, please share anything that comes to mind. thanks.
LGCanada
to add... do people understand English in the workplace??
wetherell
If you want to work in risk management I would highly recommend Frankfurt which is Germany's financial center. As far as language goes keep in mind I have never actually worked there but I will say that since every German learns English as part of their schooling they all prefer speaking it when they get the chance.
mattandgeoff
Is it true that the translation for what german people call redheads is "strawberry helmet"?

if so, then that is by far one of the funniest things i have ever heard
sana618
wetherell wrote:
If you want to work in risk management I would highly recommend Frankfurt which is Germany's financial center. As far as language goes keep in mind I have never actually worked there but I will say that since every German learns English as part of their schooling they all prefer speaking it when they get the chance.

are you sure about that "every German learns English as part of their schooling they all prefer speaking it when they get the chance" ..... Because when i had visited Germany (2 day visit)
i only heard people speak in German except the hotel staff... even the roadside signs were in German...
i never found even 1 single sign in english....

then again my visit was quit a few years back.... so things must have changed some what by now...