FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adobe 8 Won't Print? Solution!

Dennise
In Windows XP (and I believe Vista) if you try to print a document using Adobe 8 (other versions too?) and you get a stupid message that says something like 'You must first install a printer', do this.

This version of Adobe wont print unless your OS has a printer selected as a "default printer". Just go to control panel - printers and faxs - right click on your target printer and then select "set as default printer".

Now Adobe will print to your default printer. Wink
snowynight
Thanx though i never met with this problem
badai
of course any application would not print if you didn't set the default printer. it's windows that do the printing, not the application. you can try this with notepad, or any other application that can print. but, keep in mind, if you have adobe acrobat or any other pdf writer, and you do not have printer, usually your pdf writer will be set as the default printer (while you install it), so you might get the "print out" as pdf.

also, if you pull out or turn off the printer, windows will also refuse to print.
Dennise
badai wrote:
of course any application would not print if you didn't set the default printer. it's windows that do the printing, not the application. you can try this with notepad, or any other application that can print. but, keep in mind, if you have adobe acrobat or any other pdf writer, and you do not have printer, usually your pdf writer will be set as the default printer (while you install it), so you might get the "print out" as pdf.

also, if you pull out or turn off the printer, windows will also refuse to print.

Strange ........ on print commands all my other applications asked which printer to output to, and gave me a choice of all installed printers. Adobe however, just said that 'a printer needed to be installed' implying that no printers were installed.
Brownst
Thanks, I've never had that problem seeing as I only have one printer but I'm prepared now Smile