FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Sims 2 (Application has crashed)

jcvincent75
Hello guys! I'm looking for someone who could help me regarding the problem my sister encounters while she is running The Sims 2 in our old computer.

The game runs well with the built-in video card in our ASRock K7VM3 mother board. But the on board VGA is only 32MB. So, I decided to install an Inno3D GeForce FX 5200 128 MB / 64 Bit AGP card.

Now here's where the problem starts. After a few minutes of playing the game (The Sims 2) crashes. the message is something like: "This application has crashed. The application will now terminate". (It's not the perfect words of the error, but it's 90% the same as the error message. I just can't memorize the exact error message).

Here are the specs of the upgraded PC:

ASRock K7VM3
Athlon XP 1.2 GHz
768 MB RAM
Inno3D GeForce 5200 128 / 64 Bit AGP.

Thanks in advance!

**Please ignore this post. I have fix the issue. Thanks.**
eznet
jcvincent75 wrote:

What was the problem and solution - maybe others will find it helpful?
fadirocks
maybe he updated the software??? new drivers?
bah anyways Sim2 is as good as crack so stop playing it Razz
jcvincent75
eznet wrote:
jcvincent75 wrote:

What was the problem and solution - maybe others will find it helpful?

I just increased the game's resolution. I don't know why increasing it's resolution prevents the crashes from happening. After I changed the resolution, about 90% of the said crash disappeared. I just don't know the reason how'd that happened though.

just right click on the sims 2 and choose properties. then on the shortcut tab, in the TARGET textbox, at the end of the string ("C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe") type -r1024x768 (depending on what resolution you prefer. mine was -r1280x800 when the crash was fixed). Then click apply/OK.

I just noticed that it eats up a lot of the computer's resources when it was running on 800x600 or ny 1024x768 resolutions.

that's how I did it. I hope it will work for you too. My sister is now playing it without any problem.

Cheers!