FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

7300gs issue

Psycho_X52
I have a integrated video card (Delta Chrome). I've installed a 7300GS video card on my computer and it was working fine (like a new video card with no driver) until I installed it's driver: first freeze.
Then I reinstalled WinXP and it is freezing on each pop-up message, drop-down menu or dragged window. I quickly installed another driver but it still freezes. It works fine on Ubuntu, but I'm having some problems configuring my pppoe internet connection. I tried Fedora 8 and it worked well, untill I needed to reboot: it load most of it and then: freeze.
How can I install WinXP properly? Is there something wrong with the video card?
coreymanshack
Psycho_X52 wrote:
I have a integrated video card (Delta Chrome). I've installed a 7300GS video card on my computer and it was working fine (like a new video card with no driver) until I installed it's driver: first freeze.
Then I reinstalled WinXP and it is freezing on each pop-up message, drop-down menu or dragged window. I quickly installed another driver but it still freezes. It works fine on Ubuntu, but I'm having some problems configuring my pppoe internet connection. I tried Fedora 8 and it worked well, untill I needed to reboot: it load most of it and then: freeze.
How can I install WinXP properly? Is there something wrong with the video card?

Go into control panel and disable your integrated card from the hardware option.
psycosquirrel
^ what he said.

What would be even better is to disable the integrated video through the BIOS. Check your motherboard manual for instructions.
froy357
After you manually disabled the integrated video at bios, try also to check if your windows XP installer have a custom nvidia driver intaller, because some XP installer has its own default nvidia driver built into it, which cause to have a confict to your new driver. Also try some new lastest nvidia driver on the net, it may also have a chance to resolve your problem.
coreymanshack
froy357 wrote:
After you manually disabled the integrated video at bios, try also to check if your windows XP installer have a custom nvidia driver intaller, because some XP installer has its own default nvidia driver built into it, which cause to have a confict to your new driver. Also try some new lastest nvidia driver on the net, it may also have a chance to resolve your problem.

I'm pretty sure windows XP doesn't ship with drivers for the newer nvidia chipsets.