FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NHL 09

lastelement0
this game is just flat out awesome. even though i bought last years game, there is a fair amount of changes. the one that ive been playing for some time has been the "Be A Pro" mode. this is very similar to that of the "Superstar" mode found in the Madden series. However, it is somewhat different. the first time you start the game you create "yourself" and go through some drills to get the basics down. then you go into the actual mode and you can choose what AHL affiliate you want to be on.

you then get tossed on one of the lines, and must work your way up the ladder via play time and performance. this is just the quick rundown of that mode. its so much more than that its really fun to play.

perhaps the biggest upgrade is the online. i havent played here yet but i have heard that you can take your created player online and join a team with other players. that is you can have a full 6 man team of all created players. it seems rather interesting and im anxious to get on to test this feature.
jambler
I don't know why, but I always get addicted to the hockey games. I don't like watching it, playing it, or anything of the sort, but the video game always gets me. More so than basketball and football.

That being said, NHL 09 is a phenomenal game. Good controls, fun modes, and well balanced imo. Very fun.
gugusm
I used to like NHL series, but I stopped playing it since 2003 I think (yeah I know, that's a long long time). I just don't like EA games anymore, they're just too comercial and less fun for me I suppose.
johnsuth
gugusm wrote:
I used to like NHL series, but I stopped playing it since 2003 I think (yeah I know, that's a long long time). I just don't like EA games anymore, they're just too comercial and less fun for me I suppose.

NHL o9 is the best game I have ever played period. The fact that I can create my own club, play with my friends at the same time with that club and track all of my stats is simply outrageous. Unfortunately I don't think EA accounted for the popularity of the new online modes as the servers have been unreliable and glitchy, although recently they have improved.
Spartan
I just bought this game recently, and I play Be A Pro so much! I made it to the first line on my NHL team yesterday lol. I play Be A Pro so much, that I suck at controlling a whole team now. I gotta practice that. Very Happy
jguritza
I have not played the NHL series for a few years but you have rekindled my excitement!

What platform is the best to play? XBox 360, PS# or PC? Is there a real difference between them?

I always loved the fact you could build your players and I remember years back on the PC version you cold face mod your friends on players. It worked OK but some of the freaky faces people got was down right hilarious!