FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Awesome Animated Short

Kaseas
http://www.vimeo.com/1084537

Shrek-quality, made entirely for free. Using free software and volunteers, this movie didn't cost a penny to make.
Rajiev
WOW, Nice quality

Thanks for the great share m8
hlavco
Those were some really ugly animals. But the quality was great like you said.
RosenCruz
perfect quality for free.....good job ! Wink
Keran
Wow that's pretty awesome, I liked it a lot, quality as said is pretty great. Amazing that it didn't cost a thing to make and the creators volunteered for such a thing, it must have been hard to do something like this.
Diablosblizz
That's a great work of art. I love the animation, nice clear crisp pictures. Well worth the 9 minute watch!
Magicman
When I saw the description in this thread I knew it had to be a project from the Blender Foundation. I have seen Big Buck Bunny before but it was well worth a second watch. The only other short animated film from the Blender Foundation which is also on their Vimeo page has a much darker and mysterious theme. Its nice that this one is very light and humorous as well as easy to understand. I especially like these projects because they often lead to improvements in Blender (the program) which I use. Unfortunately the improvements to the program still can't make me as good as these guys are at animating.
tony
Wow! And to think that was made with Blender! Amazing! Heh - I feel like to try that myself some day Razz
Arty
Wow! Awesome quality! Very Happy
gugusm
Yeah, perfect quality... Smile
Gonzalo
Wow, amazing. Thumbs up. Very Happy
JoshuAAR
Woooowww, thats a top effort! Really nicely done!
erlendhg
I just have to agree with everyone else. That was really, really well made.
Can't believe that didn't cost anything to make.

It's also awsome that people voluenteer to make such together as a a team. Must have been fun.
bonestorm74
Yeh very good, well done indeed.
prithvi
Wow! Blender is loaded, for free

A lot of hard work and dedication has gone behind that short........awesome quality!

To top it, a software that has so many powerful features, and yet didn't cost a thing.
Long live Blender!
Jaan
yeah blender is a killer app.. however it's still not entirely professional quality; ie not very compatible with mainstream compositors... or am i mistaken?
prithvi
Jaan wrote:
yeah blender is a killer app.. however it's still not entirely professional quality; ie not very compatible with mainstream compositors... or am i mistaken?

hmm, is it something to do with rendering in depth, passes etc. ?
or something totally different?
slashnburn99
This is class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX1Ha0I5mcM
hamza1122
OMG! that was so cool! I love animation movies and cute little animals and stuff. I also like drawing and animation and that was awesome! I love the colours and shading...theme was great =]!

W00t go bunny rabbit! LOL!

i rate it 10/10 Awesomeness!
erlendhg
Magicman wrote:
The only other short animated film from the Blender Foundation which is also on their Vimeo page has a much darker and mysterious theme.

You mean "Elephants Dream"?

I think it was both quite creepy and cool.
Really a contrast to "Big Buck Bunny", isn't it Smile
poppat
Thanks. This looks cool.

Cheers

poppat
Fenlock
that's AMAZING quality! Surprised

all volunteers?

I'm WAY impressed!
Fatality
That does look very nice. I was originally in school for multimedia before I switched to networking. I tried to learn a little bit of blender, but I never learned enough to make anything. This video sure is a nice piece of work. Very good.