FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

London Congestion charge western extension

j_f_k
The new mayor of London, Boris Johnson, is soliciting feedback from Londoners on the western extension of the congestion charging zone. if you visit the congestion website www.cclondon.com you wil l have a chance to complete a online survey form. On there you can say whether you think the zone should be ecxtended, abolished, or what change if any, should there be to the resident's discount.

This is your chance to have your say - i dont know wherther it will do any good this remains to be seen, but it is a contrast to the previoujs mayor's effort where he implementing the extension against the recommendations of the commissioned study and the vast majority of the residents in the affected area.
standready
London is giving some cities here in the U.S. another different idea. Charge people for coming into the city and we will line our personal pockets with even more money.
wellerchap
I was in London 3 or 4 weeks back for a holiday....despite the zone encircling the whole of the area where "everything" is, there's a free road straight through the middle, going from 2 to 3 lanes in parts....we used that a few times & it was so busy with everyone using it to save on the charge.
Personally, I think it's terrible, as people who live or visit there have to pay plenty for parking, food, cost of living etc anyway.
Sadly, there are plans to introduce it to one or two other cities now in the UK, so I guess the rot has already set in.
missdixy
I think it's a bad idea as well...mostly for a lot of the reasons wellerchap already mentioned. but anyhow, thanks for the link.
wellerchap
missdixy wrote:
I think it's a bad idea as well...mostly for a lot of the reasons wellerchap already mentioned. but anyhow, thanks for the link.

Blimey, someone that agrees with me on something......could you come and have a word with my wife, please? Very Happy
dcfive65
Hawaii itself is trying to adopt this new law to help ease congestion on our islands as well. Wouldn't it even cause more congestion?
wellerchap
it seems they want the bits kept quiet that suit them, and that's always at the expense of others.
PatTheGreat42
I would like to charge congested people more. That sounds fun.