FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Software for Music scores and player

shenyl
Is there any software that can permit storing of music scores and also to play them back as midi?

Of course it will be good to have them for free or at least at a low cost.

I would not dare ask converting MP3 to music scores, but hope that my small request for scores to midi and storing the notes will be possible.

Thanks and with regards. Real experimentation with the software will be better.
David_Pardy
Try Noteworthy Composer

It's cheap, and it's very easy to use.

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/
ddukki
David_Pardy wrote:
Try Noteworthy Composer

It's cheap, and it's very easy to use.

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/
I used this program when I first started composing in MIDI. It's very simple and the GUI looks like plain sheet music. Best of all, you really don't need to buy it, unless you're looking for a copyright-free version.
tamilparks
ya i also tried the software its very nice, but can i know whether any free lisence softwares
David_Pardy
I have never found a free notation program. I don't think one exists which is any good!
JinTenshi
i'm not sure, but is GuitarPro program any good? i've only tried that program, but i've forgotten whether it is pay to use.
xcloudy
have u tried foobar2000?
It may fit your needs.
David_Pardy
Foobar2000 is an audio player, it's not transcription software
fpwebs
Well to be honest there are many many programs out there you can use, but since I am professional at the field of music making I will tell you the best programs to use.

If you are a very beginner (like you've never done music composing before) I recommend getting one of the latest Magix Music Maker software. It runs around $50 - $60 and can help you compose the type of music that you're looking for. Midi is also available through the program.

However, I despise Magix and would recommend that if you're novice - intermediate to use CakeWalk Music Creator which only runs around $50 - $60. It has midi, virtual instruments, and other extremely useful tools.

If you are professional at music creation I recommend you using what my friends and I use which is either CakeWalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition or ProTools by DigiDesign. Both which runs from $500 - $700. Plus the simple fact that ProTools is currently ranked number one in the music editing profession and you can not get any better than protools or cakewalk.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND GETTING A CHEAP PROGRAM LIKE FRUITY LOOPS OR ANY OTHER UNPROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

If you are saying that these programs are too expensive then download a program called Bit Torrent and find all these programs onlne and download them illegally. It risks viruses but if you aren't computer illiterate then you'll have no problems. I myself am not computer illiterate so I would be able to do such a thing without any problems.