FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IRC to increase FRI$ and FRIpoints

Kaseas
I don't know how feasible it is, but it would be cool to have the amount of words you type in IRC to add to your FRIpoints and FRIdollars. Something like 100 lines = 1 point and 1 dollar.

Also it would be cool to see some users on the IRC channel.
rvec
that would be cool, I'd be rich Razz

if you idle 24 hours I am sure you'll meet someone. I join almost daily and so do alex (manofgames), halfbloodprince and helios.
Kaseas
Also IRC contributes more to a sense of community.
rvec
you but there have to be more people in before we can do such things. If the channel has over 15 people we can probably ask bondings stuff like that.
mathiaus
rvec wrote:
if you idle 24 hours I am sure you'll meet someone. I join almost daily and so do alex (manofgames), halfbloodprince and helios.

I've started joining again as well Very Happy

There's a reason if one was ever needed for checking in!
LukeakaDanish
Well...when you post something, it helps frihost in a google crawler / page-rank kind of way. That way people visit the forums more, and frihost make money from adds.

When you type something on IRC this doesnt happen...so its not of that much use to frihost.

So i doubt it will be implemented, although it wud be cool Razz
rvec
it will be good for frihost when we can put ads in the channel. But we need some more users before anyone would be interested in putting ads in the channel.
Arseniy
Darn... I'm still restricted to join the channel by dal.net services.
But I remember that there was such idea once.
It would be glad if you'll do so.
BTW, Rvec, what's going on with your bierkip.nl irc? I tried to enter it recently and it seems not working.
rvec
Arseniy wrote:
BTW, Rvec, what's going on with your bierkip.nl irc? I tried to enter it recently and it seems not working.

It was a project I was planning on doing together with vrythramax. But now vrythramax is gone and I don't have as much time (job) I took the irc server offline. Everything is still installed though, so when someone wants to continue this I'll just put it back online.
Hogwarts
rvec wrote:
that would be cool, I'd be rich Razz

Well you do make up three quarters of the channel, after all Razz

rvec wrote:

*sad face*

Forgotten, one again Sad

Anyhow, this idea never was feasible and has been discussed so many times it's beginning to stagnate, and then there's the fact that there's generally only two people in there; four if you include Rvec's clone/bot Sad
rvec
yeah tobias is most probably the most active user these days.
I think it's Tobias, Alex, me and Helios (most-active to less active) atm.

But I idle the most, so I'd be the richest if it was about that Razz