FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

buying expired domain

frih
i am planning to buy a expired .info domain. The domain was expired on 8july 2008. But i am confused.

if i buy this domain now, will it have some page rank?? what will be the age of this domain??
manumiglani
Just let me know the domain name via pm and I will help you.
shkhanal
I think you can proceed as long as you are convinced with the price offered. Old domain names are certainly valuable than the new ones.

I guess the domain name is short, sticky and attractive.
dude_xyx
usually it takes more than 60 days to this process to happen. So if you can grab it within 3 months you might able to same something. But i Think it would be doubtful anyway.
ptpmonitor
I am little confused with expired domains. Can we buy it just after when it will expired? I heard from other webmasters that buying expired domain is extremely risky. If previous domain owner made a bad reputation with the domain, you need to carry the responsibility for it future.
redslazers
ptpmonitor wrote:
I am little confused with expired domains. Can we buy it just after when it will expired? I heard from other webmasters that buying expired domain is extremely risky. If previous domain owner made a bad reputation with the domain, you need to carry the responsibility for it future.

well you could look at the current page rankings ect and see the cached Google page to see what was on it and if it would suit you needs
dude_xyx
ptpmonitor wrote:

Well there might be situations like the domain had baned by Google search engine or Google AdSense. But most of the time you can get it unbanned by mailing them that you are the new owner and has nothing to do with old site content.