FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About number of Post

metalfreek
I think others have noticed this as well but what i want to say is that i have read that the forum post have reached 750,000 but the index page of this site (www.frihost.com) says only 500,000 may be its time to change that when such landmark is reached.
ocalhoun
^And it may be time for it to have a little script to do it automatically, in say, 250,000 increments.

I think there is a divide with remainder function that could be used... use that to divide by 250,000 discard the remainder, and multiply the result of the division by 250,000.
LukeakaDanish
Why not just display the exact number?
rvec
why not just remake the front page? Razz

This has been suggested before, should be on bondings's to do list by now.
ocalhoun
LukeakaDanish wrote:

I think it would actually look more impressive, and be more readable if it said "over 750,000" rather than "782,634".
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

I think it would actually look more impressive, and be more readable if it said "over 750,000" rather than "782,634".

Ok i can see what you're on about, but i think 985,959 looks much more impressive than over 750.000...so maybe 50k or 100k increments?
ocalhoun
LukeakaDanish wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Ok i can see what you're on about, but i think 985,959 looks much more impressive than over 750.000...so maybe 50k or 100k increments?

The exact amount of the increments could be played around with as much as you want, really. Anything from 10,000 to 250,000 would probably be acceptable.
polly-gone
Or, how about Bondings just updates the number? It's a really simple thing. Really. And we don't need increments or anything. It says "OVER # posts."

LOL!

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Blaster
Damn all you people want to make things difficult. It really doesn't matter. All that is doing is showing the community is big. That should get them hooked in. They come here and then see it is even bigger. Plus more posts in actuality could throw people off. What i mean is they could look at this and say oh wow this is too good to be true. Things like this do go through peoples heads. Plus Steve has better things to be doing then worrying about little things like that. You have to worry about making sure accounts get created, the server is up and running good, users don't have questions or concerns.
nivinjoy
But it is a good thing to see that our forum has a huge number of posts than many other forums and i think it is a thing of pride too...!!!
metalfreek
I am trying to make a point that just how big this forum is and many new visitor might find some interest on this forum.
Blaster
nivinjoy wrote:
But it is a good thing to see that our forum has a huge number of posts than many other forums and i think it is a thing of pride too...!!!
\
It can make people overwhelmed. Thats the problem with that. Not all to common but it does happen. It can also show something like hey look more time is spent posting then gaining hosting or something of the such.
Hogwarts
It also infers that a lot of those replies are low-quality pastes, like most of this topic. Perhaps even including this reply.
rvec
-closed- to prevent more low quality posts. I'll ask Bondings what he thinks, no need to have a pages long conversation about a number on the frontpage. Most guest probably won't even read that number.