FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

does frihost support cgi scripts or have available ones?

seanpr84
Im tryin to put up a website on frihost and was toying with the option of a cgi script. basically i want an html form to be filled out by people over the internet (nothing crazy or private, just basic contact info and a few questions). Anyone know if frihost has a script available for me to use or a sample i could edit for my site. Keep in mind im familiar with HTML and a little bit of PHP, but in general im kinda a newbie, definently not a compsci major or anything
AftershockVibe
Hey, to kind of half your question...

Yes, Frihost supports CGI but HTML forms can be done with just PHP and HTML if you're already familiar with that.

As far as I'm aware there are no pre-defined forms supplied by Frihost but a quick google for "PHP Post form" should give you enough sites to easily roll your own form for anything you want to do.
(POST is the method HTML uses to send form data, as opposed to get which it can also use but encodes it in the URL, like this forum after the "?" or google's search strings).

If you have any problems with what you write stick a question in the PHP / MySQL forum.

Cool
hamza1122
yes it does support CGI scripts, that's y there is a CGi-bin folder.
carlospro7
cool, thanks for the info. I've been curious lately if frihost supports cgi.
James007
Topic moved to Web Hosting Support. Wink