FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Twitter Clients

jylan
Well I'm wondering if anyone on here uses Twitter, and if you do, do you use the official twitter website to tweet and keep track of tweets, or do you use a twitter program or plugin to do that? I'm talking about things like the firefox plugins twitterfox, the adobe air program twhirl and the stand-alone program twitterific.

I've just been getting back into twitter and so far from those three clients twhirl is my current favourite because it has so many features.

So do you use Twitter? What do you use to tweet and read tweets?
tsuvik
I use twitterfox and twhirl
bigt
tsuvik wrote:

Same here. Have you been noticing strange people or fake accounts following you?
xcloudy
I just use twitter website.
Indyan
I use the twitter website and the Opera Widget.
tsuvik
bigt wrote:
tsuvik wrote:

Same here. Have you been noticing strange people or fake accounts following you?

Nope None as yet Smile
bigt
tsuvik wrote:
bigt wrote:
tsuvik wrote:

Nope None as yet Smile

I am really liking the TweetDeck and Seesmic Desktop Twitter clients on my desktop. Twitterrific is GREAT on the iPod/Phone also. I wish they had a version of Twitterrific for Win, but at least they have one for you Mac users. I've also played with TwitterFon on the ipod. I have my favorites (Twitterrific and Seesmic) because of the multiple account feature; I keep work and play separate. Smile

Happy hunting. I bet we'll see more clients and updates soon b/c of the recent popularity boom. I'll keep watching.
snowboardalliance
I just signed up a little while ago and I've only used the web interface and my cell phone (text messaging). I use Facebook normally, but for an online class I had to sign up to follow my professor.
Kashinilaya
I thought of using it, but would prefer to use a plugin.

Does anybody know of a plugin for Mac OS X?
bigt
Wow, can't believe it's been that many months since I started using Twitter. I have some new thoughts on clients. I'm now mostly using Seesmic Desktop, but it's very much still in beta and I'm also still using TweetDeck. The developers of TweetDeck, btw, have been making some nice changes, so props to them and keep up the good work. See what can happen with competition in the free market? Smile

Anywho, let's talk mobile clients. I have envied iPhone users b/c their Twitter clients have been better and there are only a handful of blackberry clients and they aren't very good (sorry guys). Yes, I use a BB b/c my company pays for it, I'm cheap errr, cost effective Smile Well, I found TweetGenius this week. Look up this program if you use Twitter much. The developer happens to be running a sale for a few days, so it's only $5 at this time. Yeah, I really have to like something to pay for it; it also helped that it's so close to pay day.

TweetGenius (I think it's www.thetweetgenius.com, but look it up), that's a sweet mobile client in my opinion. Have a good one.
jylan
Yeah I've changed my twitter client usage a bit as well, nowadays I'm mainly using DestroyTwitter for my account (which is @jylan btw, what are your guy's usernames?). I'm also playing around with Tweetie as well, which has a really nice interface but isn't quite as powerful as DestroyTwitter. Tweetie and DestroyTwitter are both mac programs.
liliansi
I tried all twitter client and I chose TwittDeck. Great, simple and with a lot of functions: short url, image, create group and much more
lethaltriad
For anyone accessing Twitter via Mobile TwitterBerry used to be really good but it seems UberTwitter is getting more popular now, much faster than twitterberry and they recently updated it to include more features, enhancements and programs optimizations. I know twitterberry is strictly for blackberries i think but i'm sure Iphone has much better applications for it.
Tuvitor
Twitterfox is pretty neat.
bigt
I'm really liking the new TweetDeck client. Running it on my desktop and iPod.
rockacola
I use TwitterFox for my workstations and Twitterrific for iPhone..
I don't understand what was the big deal about TweetDeck? everyone recommands that but it's fairly standard IMO. Confused
naki
I just use twitter website
stradlater51
I use Bluebird on the Mac. Pretty sweet little program. You can customize the front end using HTML and CSS.
arnaw_kumar
Twhirl is much better than tweetdeck. even the sounds are better.